UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Palz Pals

SignatureChoice

On 9/29/2023 at 2:47 AM, minimateship said:

The only thing my mind is made up about is that Palz remain my favourite block figures ever! and that logging in here and seeing words from the man himself is not only making BHM's week but Signature Choice(now rebranded to Minimateship)'s year, hell my lifetime

I also can't help but feel a bit embarrassed, like I was critiquing the DJ just as the music stopped; though in this instance picture Daft Punk on the decks which is to say royalty in their field...rest assured I typed it all with love Mr Lilly! I guess I was trying to spark discourse & was snarking like I'd invented it...in the vein of Wayne and Garth, we're not worthy 🤘

Thank you so much for the insight and of course for the Palz and so so much for dropping us all a line here! 

I don't think I'll be going so long between log-ins any longer and my block figure fires are almost as stoked as myself

I'm sure I'll have a lot more to say once I'm done hyperventilating but oh my giddy aunt welcome indeed! Love your work

Thanks. It’s totally cool. Having opinions and expressing them is what the Internet is, yeah? Or a big part of it anyway. I’m a bit of an open book online and off, and I wish I’d been around here when the discussions were going on, I could have participated and likely answered some questions that might have curtailed a lot of speculation. That’s mostly where the bulk of it sprang from…the lack of knowledge about me, my intentions, etc. Unfortunately at the time I’d pulled myself offline when my business shat the bed then when I came back I was primarily hanging in disability circles, not in collectibles, and most of my activity was disability related. 

It’s only been within the past couple of years that I’ve gone back to embracing the toy past online, on social media mainly. My son (the one who became disabled, who I essentially left the industry for) is older now (nearly 15) and he’s a bit easier to manage day to day.

Anyway…I haven’t yet figured out how to get notified when there’s new posts here. I try to check in when I can. Thanks for reaching out I appreciate it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/1/2023 at 4:32 AM, blogzilly said:

Thanks. It’s totally cool. Having opinions and expressing them is what the Internet is, yeah? Or a big part of it anyway. I’m a bit of an open book online and off, and I wish I’d been around here when the discussions were going on, I could have participated and likely answered some questions that might have curtailed a lot of speculation.

I had no idea what a ride it's been! You sound like a wonderful father, and it's great to hear you're finding the time to be around a bit more online. I for one, like roman numerals, am glad enough to take you right up on that offer, though I'll try and begin with only a mercifully short (painfully longform) set of questions:

1) X-Files Two-Packs -- to expand on a point you mentioned that I've thought about near daily since, what were some of the ideas floating around when X-Files Palz were destined to be two-packs? I often sit and mentally pair the characters of wave one together to see what combos fit best thematically scully&pfaster, deep throat & grey alien vs practically or if the line up was even decided at that stage, or indeed if that was more a series 2 discussion alongside the EXQUISITE die hard palz (my first ever block figure case, all the way over here in mid-00s Australia! an incredible memory)

2) Attention to Accessories --   Squinting at episode titles on the 'File" in the hands of my Palz is a fond memory, i learned quite a bit of plot from the embryo included with the grey alien, fortunately less from the retooling of that element in the second series 😛  Skinner's forever incomplete desk set-up (now i have a towering wheelie chair tho, ho-ho-ho), right on down to the The 'Lilly' Sanitation Services on the back of my favourite Flukeman's toilet:  What are some of your favourite accessories from the line, or ones with more a story to tell than we've heard? I'm particularly interested in what went into choosing which episodes to include on the Files, further accessory plans and of course any Lilly Sanitation Services esque gags we may have missed, or missed out on!

3) Legless Legacy -- Thank you so much for what you've shared already, and for maybe reading this! I think i've managed to secure a copy of Get Bit! and I'm absoutely jubilant at this thread and being able to get one last Palz surprise after the bell. Second-hand of course; i'm sorry to hear things went poorly as that project went on. I had no idea the Palz physique rode again, so thank you for that, and for doing more cool stuff! I also discovered your 'Smart Bombs' from here (thanks BHM!) :What are some things you've worked on that particularly stand out on the shelf to you? What's your favourite Pal from X-Files Series 1? What Palz would you have had as super special limited-run give-aways & the like, if the stars aligned?

Thank you so very much for your time @blogzilly, and for all the brilliant block figures (and figures at large!) I hope my enthusiasm hasn't shone through too blindingly and that i've not scared you off 😛 There may be a Die Hard Palz thread revival yet

Edited by minimateship
spelling & grammar

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 2:12 AM, minimateship said:

I had no idea what a ride it's been! You sound like a wonderful father, and it's great to hear you're finding the time to be around a bit more online. I for one, like roman numerals, am glad enough to take you right up on that offer, though I'll try and begin with only a mercifully short (painfully longform) set of questions:

1) X-Files Two-Packs -- to expand on a point you mentioned that I've thought about near daily since, what were some of the ideas floating around when X-Files Palz were destined to be two-packs? I often sit and mentally pair the characters of wave one together to see what combos fit best thematically scully&pfaster, deep throat & grey alien vs practically or if the line up was even decided at that stage, or indeed if that was more a series 2 discussion alongside the EXQUISITE die hard palz (my first ever block figure case, all the way over here in mid-00s Australia! an incredible memory)

2) Attention to Accessories --   Squinting at episode titles on the 'File" in the hands of my Palz is a fond memory, i learned quite a bit of plot from the embryo included with the grey alien, fortunately less from the retooling of that element in the second series 😛  Skinner's forever incomplete desk set-up (now i have a towering wheelie chair tho, ho-ho-ho), right on down to the The 'Lilly' Sanitation Services on the back of my favourite Flukeman's toilet:  What are some of your favourite accessories from the line, or ones with more a story to tell than we've heard? I'm particularly interested in what went into choosing which episodes to include on the Files, further accessory plans and of course any Lilly Sanitation Services esque gags we may have missed, or missed out on!

3) Legless Legacy -- Thank you so much for what you've shared already, and for maybe reading this! I think i've managed to secure a copy of Get Bit! and I'm absoutely jubilant at this thread and being able to get one last Palz surprise after the bell. Second-hand of course; i'm sorry to hear things went poorly as that project went on. I had no idea the Palz physique rode again, so thank you for that, and for doing more cool stuff! I also discovered your 'Smart Bombs' from here (thanks BHM!) :What are some things you've worked on that particularly stand out on the shelf to you? What's your favourite Pal from X-Files Series 1? What Palz would you have had as super special limited-run give-aways & the like, if the stars aligned?

Thank you so very much for your time @blogzilly, and for all the brilliant block figures (and figures at large!) I hope my enthusiasm hasn't shone through too blindingly and that i've not scared you off 😛 There may be a Die Hard Palz thread revival yet

Sorry I missed this. If there’s a notification system, I don’t know how to activate it.

1. On this question I’d like to pause it. I do some retrospectives on my Instagram and at some point plan to cover these, and the dropping of 2-packs, the dropping of blisters (shifting to blind boxes and how it affected the line-up for a revised S2) and all that I need to coordinate all the data points because there is a lot of it and I’m trying to be accurate. DH was a two-pack blister carded line also in the initial design, also pretty much obliterated as a product that would be viable here by the Sales decision to go blind box.

2. Two words. Magnifying Glass! 😆 Skinner would have had his desk, it was design via 3D model, but the blind box decision killed that possibility. Putting my name on the toilet was a very self-serving thing to do. I rarely did anything like it, but since X-Files was my favorite Sci-Fi show at that time…I indulged. Not ashamed to admit it was purely a self-indulgent thing. There was a system or reason for each X-File. I’d need to go through each one though and I don’t have them spread out. But I did have a rationale. There were some canceled figs, canceled accessories, junk like that. Happens in every line.

3. Things I’ve worked on that stand out? The Muppets seem to the most with people. I learned the most by working on it since it went so deep. My favorite S1 PALz is probably Scully…mainly because she’s my favorite character. I’m still a fan at heart, so.. As for what would I have had as special limited stuff? None. I’m actually not in favor of a lot of that ultra rare stuff. I’d rather have the figure variants available to everybody who wants them.

hope I answered enough of what you wanted to get answers for. Sorry to not hit everything.

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/18/2023 at 8:12 AM, blogzilly said:

Sorry I missed this. If there’s a notification system, I don’t know how to activate it.

1. On this question I’d like to pause it. I do some retrospectives on my Instagram and at some point plan to cover these, and the dropping of 2-packs, the dropping of blisters (shifting to blind boxes and how it affected the line-up for a revised S2) and all that I need to coordinate all the data points because there is a lot of it and I’m trying to be accurate. DH was a two-pack blister carded line also in the initial design, also pretty much obliterated as a product that would be viable here by the Sales decision to go blind box.

2. Two words. Magnifying Glass! 😆 Skinner would have had his desk, it was design via 3D model, but the blind box decision killed that possibility. Putting my name on the toilet was a very self-serving thing to do. I rarely did anything like it, but since X-Files was my favorite Sci-Fi show at that time…I indulged. Not ashamed to admit it was purely a self-indulgent thing. There was a system or reason for each X-File. I’d need to go through each one though and I don’t have them spread out. But I did have a rationale. There were some canceled figs, canceled accessories, junk like that. Happens in every line.

3. Things I’ve worked on that stand out? The Muppets seem to the most with people. I learned the most by working on it since it went so deep. My favorite S1 PALz is probably Scully…mainly because she’s my favorite character. I’m still a fan at heart, so.. As for what would I have had as special limited stuff? None. I’m actually not in favor of a lot of that ultra rare stuff. I’d rather have the figure variants available to everybody who wants them.

hope I answered enough of what you wanted to get answers for. Sorry to not hit everything.

that's no trouble, things move pretty slow and steady on here anyways :) you can 'follow' topics/threads but as far as getting notifications about the site off the site I've no idea, though your quoting my post certainly drew my eye to this so thank you for that, and thank you again for saying g'day and talking here on the multiverse: it continues to astound me in the best of ways on so many days...whenever i pick up some Palz lately, really, or mull over some Palisades muppets on eBay, or dream feverishly of die hard minimates :) sorry again if my opening questions interrogation was a bit over-enthusiastic! 

thank you so much for the opportunity, your answers give a bit to chew on! i'll hold my horses on any further questions for the time being and go sort through my paper Palz paraphernalia with a fine-tooth comb (and a big arse magnifying glass! :p) as well find the instagram you mention. I had no idea that Die Hard was potentially going to be two-packs, but i did always have the suspicion the episodes on the Palz sized X-Files were chosen with a care beyond my ken 😛 groovy to hear and so groovy that you have such recollections of the line; I'm keen as mustard to check out some of your further retrospectives and so glad to hear of them!

On 12/1/2023 at 5:09 AM, minimateship said:

that's no trouble, things move pretty slow and steady on here anyways :) you can 'follow' topics/threads but as far as getting notifications about the site off the site I've no idea, though your quoting my post certainly drew my eye to this so thank you for that, and thank you again for saying g'day and talking here on the multiverse: it continues to astound me in the best of ways on so many days...whenever i pick up some Palz lately, really, or mull over some Palisades muppets on eBay, or dream feverishly of die hard minimates :) sorry again if my opening questions interrogation was a bit over-enthusiastic! 

thank you so much for the opportunity, your answers give a bit to chew on! i'll hold my horses on any further questions for the time being and go sort through my paper Palz paraphernalia with a fine-tooth comb (and a big arse magnifying glass! :p) as well find the instagram you mention. I had no idea that Die Hard was potentially going to be two-packs, but i did always have the suspicion the episodes on the Palz sized X-Files were chosen with a care beyond my ken 😛 groovy to hear and so groovy that you have such recollections of the line; I'm keen as mustard to check out some of your further retrospectives and so glad to hear of them!

Forgot to mention the instagram page is @creatusmaximus. I think the one you found is the one I use for family stuff. My bad.