UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends Retro 3.75 Figures

MiniFiend UK

Title says it really Hasbro released a new line of Retro style figures. Now I'm not sure if $20 for two small figures is going towards the high end of pricing but damn the packaging to me is just great. Reminds me a lot of the Mego Pocket heroes stuff I had as a kid but I guess that's the idea.

https://news.toyark.com/2020/09/23/marvel-legends-retro-3-75-inch-figures-revealed-by-hasbro-402777

Edited by MiniFiend UK
Spelling

16 hours ago, MiniFiend UK said:

I could go a classic Black Panther Minimate in this style. we got a munched on by zombies version but not a classic one. full mask and open face mask heads and I'm happy.

RE;  a classic Black Panther , I am with you 100% .  I hadn't realised, until I studied the zombie version , how accurate (what was left of it) that suit was  .

Whilst these 'retro' figures aren't my thing I just love the 'Kenner' style packaging , blister-packages are a dream for toy displays...........I'd love to see a line of blister-packed Minimates.

Looking at the line-up in the link I couldn't miss Electro ........what an iconic look ....... 

9qLXpLs.jpg

Retro aint always the way forward :rolleyes: but in Electro's 'case' I think it is undeniable that out of the 5 Electro Minimates we have, one is fantastic & the other 4 are ...meh.  

Edited by buttheadsmate

Just a quick google got me this graphic of Panther costumes thru the ages.

Just Looking at that I could see a 4 figure boxset would cover the majority of panther looks with 2 main Panther figures an swapping of parts between them covering a high % of looks. You could then easily slot in in a Shuri panther and 1 other like the Coal Tiger or Killmonger.

I Know very unlikely but hey just putting it out there.

Evolution-of-Black-Panther.jpg

https://images.halloweencostumes.com/infographics/Evolution-of-Black-Panther.jpg

• 11 months later...

Did anyone end up buying any of these guys? I've been tempted by the Electro, who I've seen available individually here.

I am wondering if I'm correct in thinking there is forearm and shin articulation, and also if his neck moves or is limited by the mask?

I have not, I have to say. 
I don't see these giving me the kind of rounded out rosters that I like to collect.

I'm pretty sure they're only 4 or 5 POA as well: hips and shoulders... and maybe neck?

Yes, 5 POA just like the 80’s Secret Wars line.

I have all of the ones released so far, but haven’t been able to bring myself to open them, the card art is just so pretty.

I plan on pairing the Retro Silver Surfer with the Haslab Galactus to make him look even bigger.

Edited by youbastards

• 6 months later...

CORRECTION!

I picked up a bunch of these on sale and opened them up, the standard body figures (Spidey, Iron Man, Cap) actually have 7 POA, there is forearm rotation.  The larger figs (Hulk, Venom) still only have 5 POA.  The Torch doesn't have forearm rotation as he has sculpted flames.

Overall, I am really enjoying this line.  This design simplicity and ease of collecting is what originally drove me from ML to Minimates back in the day.  I need to dig out some of my Minimates power effects because I think they would work well with this line, specifically the electricity effects for Electro.

Venom.jpg.0f2fd05bc4c34e191d10e1d6530a7fa7.jpgSpidey.jpg.b3a86aeb7368837d494a8fb3fa7144e5.jpg

• 1 month later...