UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 82

OvenproofBug6

Yeah, this set is definitely too expensive for just custom parts. Which is kind of a bummer. I don't mind paying a premium to support Minimates, but in the past I would often buy extra sets to use for projects, or even just to give someone else an extra accessory (I can think of several figures that would look nice with those Invisible Woman force shields), but that's not going to happen with this set.

By the way, anyone looking to make other stretchy Reeds, or any other stretchy characters, I found that the elongated Jack Skellington torsos work really well (with some paint and/or decals of course).

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, hellpop said:

By the way, anyone looking to make other stretchy Reeds, or any other stretchy characters, I found that the elongated Jack Skellington torsos work really well (with some paint and/or decals of course).

Yuuup. Or you can do the reverse and give Jack the long, skinny arms and legs he was meant to have.  :)

I'm probably going to paint all of Reed's extended parts to match the white and navy uniforms. 

And after all was said and done, I'm keeping the new Doom and Surfer as is and Reed will be repainted. Expensive set for 2 figures and a custom...though the black uniforms are great for customs. 

Is Anyone else's Ben extremely rubbery? Or having trouble keeping his Bulked up parts on? 

15 hours ago, Heinous said:

Is Anyone else's Ben extremely rubbery? Or having trouble keeping his Bulked up parts on? 

i just moved my set to a different shelf and noticed both of his shoulder pieces are cracked, could easily have been me or maybe i missed it when i first opened it but they’re on the inside of the pieces so it hides well. definitely feels soft 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2022 at 8:23 PM, minifigvig said:

i just moved my set to a different shelf and noticed both of his shoulder pieces are cracked, could easily have been me or maybe i missed it when i first opened it but they’re on the inside of the pieces so it hides well. definitely feels soft 

i saw the box set on the shelf at midtown comics a few days ago and it looks like all the upper arm pieces for the thing have that split? so i’m guessing this is a new development for those pieces and i’m not as worried now

• 4 months later...