UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 82

OvenproofBug6

It's been a while since I pre-ordered these guys, and I am looking forward to seeing the new packaging in-hand. Also really curious to see how the new design will carry forward. 82 is just a couple months out, right?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Probably just me, but it might be nice to get a missing x-box. Over the years we have gotten quite a few x-men boxsets of a five man team with only 4 in the box I dont care if they come in a plain white box but thats just me, still need an xfactor angel lol

Generation X needs done. I need more 90's mutes. Jubilee, M, Husk, Skin, Penance,  & Chamber (I got Luke's awesome custom but a box set one could have him in his team uniform to match the others from one a the few times he actually sported one).

Also would accept any set that gave us another chance to get minimates that have only been released once without paying scalper prices (looking at you trenchcoat Gambit).

Edited by HellfireSamurai

On 6/10/2022 at 6:03 PM, HellfireSamurai said:

Also would accept any set that gave us another chance to get minimates that have only been released once without paying scalper prices (looking at you trenchcoat Gambit).

Gambit would likely be included in any larger animated X-Men set we would produce, which is still in development. Hopefully he will be realistic enough to include in comic collections. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

anyone get theirs yet?? i have a package waiting at the post office from farmington! i’ll get it first thing tomorrow morning since it’s my day off but i can’t wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Picked this up from Luke a few days ago. Despite the sticker shock (can't believe they didn't make it $44.99 at least) it's a very nice set. Love the extra parts for Mister Fantastic, and that they finally added some black to the Thing's rocky bits. I don't really get the deal with the all black Silver Surfer, but the new heroic Doctor Doom is nice to have. HERBIE is very cool, though I do wish I had a Franklin to go with him. I guess that's an easy enough quick custom to do (come to think of it, I may have already done that at some point). The new box art is quite classy; all in all, very good work.

I'd love a Thing with a sculpted cranium. I think we've had plenty of these mushroom tops, might be cool to experiment with a different form.

And while I'm at it, I'd love a Sue in an updated classic suit to match "Best Of" Reed.

Some additional thoughts on this set's accessories: I am totally loving the new execution for Sue's shields, with the "hand grips." And Reed's bits and extenders are a lot of fun, I am debating getting another set to repaint for my older Reeds.