UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 82

OvenproofBug6

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the new format, is a 6-figure wave required? Could a 5- or 7-pack be a possibility with lighter accessories and/or more alternate looks?

Right now I'm thinking a 7-pack with the 6 Runaways and an Old-Lace as an articulated 7th figure

5 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

With the new format, is a 6-figure wave required? Could a 5- or 7-pack be a possibility with lighter accessories and/or more alternate looks?

Right now I'm thinking a 7-pack with the 6 Runaways and an Old-Lace as an articulated 7th figure

If Old Lace was made, I'd very much expect it to be unarticulated (and probably a smidge too small) 

But I'd still buy the hell out of that set 

The style of packaging is great. I love having a bright art piece cover for each set & it seems like a good opportunity for comic cover recreations, a la Giant Sized X-Men #1.
I assume the offset in packaging balances out having cover art made for each new box. 
Can't wait to see what future sets look like. I'm letting myself hope for some cool VS style box sets based around major comic events like a Mutant Massacre set with X-Men vs Marauders, or similar.

The only thing that bothers me about these new boxed sets is that I usually buy some extra sets for customs. I just can't justify buying another set for $50 just to get an extra character or two that I need for a custom. I guess I will be buying what I need off ebay from now on.

I'm out if this is the way of the future.  75% of the time I only want a select figure.  For example, I only wanted Mr. Fantastic on this set so I can repaint his accessories to match up my against my existing Reed figure.  $50 for 1 figure?  GTFOH.

On top of that, the last few minimates I bought had terrible quality control.  My Silver Sable legs were both right legs and I couldn't get a replacement.  And as soon as I moved the leg of Corsair, his leg socket broke off so I'm SOL there too.

• 2 weeks later...

If box sets are the way of the furure, could we get some villain sets? Like the Wrecking Crew with a Thor or Thunderstrike figure? Or a Serpent Society with a Ron Lim style Captain America? Hmm maybe there doesnt need to be a hero in it since the Serpent Society is a pretty large team.

Edited by spidermatt
Typos

2 hours ago, spidermatt said:

If box sets are the way of the furure, could we get some villain sets? Like the Wrecking Crew with a Thor or Thunderstrike figure? Or a Serpent Society with a Ron Lim style Captain America? Hmm maybe there doesnt need to be a hero in it since the Serpent Society is a pretty large team.

Gimmie, gimmie!

I'd love to see y'all revisit some of the old box set concepts, like the Through the Ages or Friends and Foes ones. Even if we got heavily villainized sets that included a core hero (like "Cap vs the Serpent Society" or "Iron Man and his archenemies") that would be awesome.

3 hours ago, hellpop said:

I'd love to see y'all revisit some of the old box set concepts, like the Through the Ages or Friends and Foes ones. Even if we got heavily villainized sets that included a core hero (like "Cap vs the Serpent Society" or "Iron Man and his archenemies") that would be awesome.

I say Thor vs the Wrecking Crew! And maybe a Don Blake or Jane Foster civilian to fill out the 6th spot.