UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 82

OvenproofBug6

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... not exactly what I wanted but very very close. Love the new attachments for Reed and excited for a HERBIE (RIP 3.75” HERBIE). My heart will always want a Franklin and of course the Frightful Four but that Doom is a beaut. 

Wonder if my luck will hold out for wave 83 and 84.?‍♂️

Edited by thereasonsy

5 hours ago, Psyguy said:

Nice!! Been a while since we got any F4. 

Zach, any chance we will see the planned BAF Silver Sable in a future wave? I’d love an updated version. Thanks. 

Not that it’s apples to apples but if you paint a Dazzler head pierce white and then use a silver sharpie paired with a blue eyed female you can update Silver so she Looks like the cover of her first series. It’s not that hard of a paint job and if I can do it I know you can as well and probably a thousand times better.

Well, there's only so many designs that you can do and do well. Now that KNULL IS COMING, we're in for more Cosmic Edgyness. I know everyone hates Knull, but honestly, it's dumb, schlocky cape fun. The design's typical but fun and I like the gimmick. I'll take him over the 10s Marvel period. Now that was a true low point.

25 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

Well, there's only so many designs that you can do and do well. Now that KNULL IS COMING, we're in for more Cosmic Edgyness. I know everyone hates Knull, but honestly, it's dumb, schlocky cape fun. The design's typical but fun and I like the gimmick. I'll take him over the 10s Marvel period. Now that was a true low point.

Knull is coming? 

15 minutes ago, Heinous said:

Knull is coming? 

Long story short, Cates, the current Venom writer, came up with this SUPER ULTRA MEGA CHTONIC ELDRITCH GIGAVILLAIN called Knull, who's the creator of the Symbiotes, looks like an edgy Elric, and he's trying to destroy reality and go back to the eternal darkness. The "spider" is supposed to be an alien symbiote dragon or something. Cates turned Venom into a quasi Lovecraftian book, and is now writing Thor, which borrows some stuff from that lore. Anyway, in all those Venom issues and the recent Carnage event he kept repeating the phrase "GOD IS COMING". There's a crossover/event/whatever called "The King In Black" or something with Knull attacking and stuff. I don't keep up, I just check solicits and some threads every so often. Most folsk online hate it, but eh, it's dumb, schlocky fun. It's literally capes, what are they expecting?

04a0859ab95f88b9f72950c2e774ab8a.jpg

Edited by Kostisfire

2 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

Long story short, Cates, the current Venom writer, came up with this SUPER ULTRA MEGA CHTONIC ELDRITCH GIGAVILLAIN called Knull, who's the creator of the Symbiotes, looks like an edgy Elric, and he's trying to destroy reality and go back to the eternal darkness. The "spider" is supposed to be an alien symbiote dragon or something. Cates turned Venom into a quasi Lovecraftian book, and is now writing Thor, which borrows some stuff from that lore. Anyway, in all those Venom issues and the recent Carnage event he kept repeating the phrase "GOD IS COMING". There's a crossover/event/whatever called "The King In Black" or something with Knull attacking and stuff. I don't keep up, I just check solicits and some threads every so often. Most folsk online hate it, but eh, it's dumb, schlocky fun. It's literally capes, what are they expecting?

04a0859ab95f88b9f72950c2e774ab8a.jpg

Great recap. I’m looking forward to ignoring the story though. Cates is apparently the new “it” boy.

4 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Great recap. I’m looking forward to ignoring the story though. Cates is apparently the new “it” boy.

I'll speedrun through it on a slow Wednesday, probably. I like that Cosmic nonsense, even if it's just schlocky and trite. But, like I said, I'll take it over the Post-2015 "stories". 

12 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

Long story short, Cates, the current Venom writer, came up 04a0859ab95f88b9f72950c2e774ab8a.jpg

No you misunderstood. You said Knull is coming, I thought you meant he was announced as a minimate or something. 

Also anything dealing with more symbiotes automatically turns me off 

9 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

I'll speedrun through it on a slow Wednesday, probably. I like that Cosmic nonsense, even if it's just schlocky and trite. But, like I said, I'll take it over the Post-2015 "stories". 

I like the cosmic universe as well there is just a rhythm to Cates’ writing that I don’t like which stinks because I like him as a person. I read his GOTG and wasn’t completely annoyed and will try his Thor but the Venom and Dr Strange runs were just there. 

5 hours ago, Heinous said:

No you misunderstood. You said Knull is coming, I thought you meant he was announced as a minimate or something. 

Also anything dealing with more symbiotes automatically turns me off 

Oh, I see. As for the Symbiotes, I like them when they're Marvel's Xenomorph x Thing hybrid. I remember that 2003 Venom series which started off as a Thing rip-off pretty fondly. When they add too much lore they lose their appeal. Still, I prefer the Cates take over Bendis' "maaaaaan, they like, are some kinda like, space guardians or something".

2 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I like the cosmic universe as well there is just a rhythm to Cates’ writing that I don’t like which stinks because I like him as a person. I read his GOTG and wasn’t completely annoyed and will try his Thor but the Venom and Dr Strange runs were just there. 

His Dr. Strange I think I bought. It was the one with Loki as Sorcerer Supreme, wasn't it? It was fun. His Venom I like when it's low-tier Lovecraftian/Eldritch, but the "civvie" stuff are rather boring. His Maker and that subplot are pretty good though. I honestly found his GotG to be quite stupid. But then again, I'm not liking Ewing's run either (because yes, Hera totally is black with a pink afro...) and I honestly find him a tad overrated as well. He just has a knack for continuity. He tries to be Morrison, but he's not on par. Cates' work I don't love or anything, but the man sets out to make fun capecomics, and I honestly can't blame him too much. At least he's not Snyder, producing whatever the Hell Death Metal is...

Edited by Kostisfire

between Deathlok and Invincible Doom that's two of my most requested figures of the moment.

Now we just need Maverick and Dept H Logan/Wolverine and i'll stop whining for a while (or whatever you call that wolverine when he's in tactical gear).

27 minutes ago, nandoninny said:

between Deathlok and Invincible Doom that's two of my most requested figures of the moment.

Now we just need Maverick and Dept H Logan/Wolverine and i'll stop whining for a while (or whatever you call that wolverine when he's in tactical gear).

This outfit? 

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

This outfit? 

heck yeah!!!  that is a fantastic custom that is maybe only missing the cool knives the toybiz one came with.

i'd love a set with him, maverick, sabretooth wore a similar one if i remember correctly (and if i don't i won't be offended, its been what, 25+ years?) and maybe an updated omega red.  maybe as part of the cartoon line but if they're only doing two sets per wave then it may be a while before they get to these versions

Edited by nandoninny
clarification

Man, that is a great custom.

And Nandoninny, I think the move would be to release a Maverick/Team X two pack with heads for both Wolverine and Sabertooth.  Of course, then you would have to buy two mavericks to get the full team, but at least it's a way.  More to the point, I do agree it's weird that we haven't gotten this wolverine variant yet.  Between it, a savage bone-claw wolverine, Fang, and whatever else, DST really needs to get cracking!

On 7/24/2020 at 5:14 PM, Kostisfire said:

Yeah. Black Surfer is Silver Surfer who got KNULLED. It's from a recent mini with Trad Moore on art.

o1hx0otntlw31.png

The Fallen One is an old Herald.

The-Fallen-One-Herald-of-Galactus.jpg?q=

So I read the silver surfer black miniseries and want to keep reading about where that takes him. Google isn't helping, does any one know what comes after that? 

I'm not sure but isn't surfer part of the current GotG series? Cosmic Marvel aint really my main thing keeping track of.

I'm guessing if not and Surfer is still black at the moment then he would most prob pop up in the Venom/Knull stuff when that hits.

5 hours ago, Heinous said:

So I read the silver surfer black miniseries and want to keep reading about where that takes him. Google isn't helping, does any one know what comes after that? 

I think there's an F4 Crossover coming out. Antithesis or something. Corona ruined schedules a bit. But I'm not really sure. He's not appearing in any ongoing series, if that's what you're asking.

4 hours ago, MiniFiend UK said:

I'm not sure but isn't surfer part of the current GotG series? Cosmic Marvel aint really my main thing keeping track of.

I'm guessing if not and Surfer is still black at the moment then he would most prob pop up in the Venom/Knull stuff when that hits.

Surfer was part of Cates' GotG which ended months ago. Now we've got Ewing's GotG.

• 3 months later...