UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers MODOK Minimates?

MisterPL

Ugh.  While I'm down for whatever could help sustain the brand, I gotta say, all those costumes look terrible.  Overly complicated, too 'realistic', and muddled; Personally I'd prefer an inspired-by wave than sacrificing a wave to these crummy designs.  Besides, we all know what would happen: It'd be six figures, ultimately some important character would be left out, and then everyone would complain.

Thems my two cents. 

Yes!!! Pitch the idea to DST! And like funk said, ‘inspired by’ wave like the wave 77 Spider-Man FFH inspired wave would be awesome!

21 hours ago, funkguerilla said:

Ugh.  While I'm down for whatever could help sustain the brand, I gotta say, all those costumes look terrible.  Overly complicated, too 'realistic', and muddled; Personally I'd prefer an inspired-by wave than sacrificing a wave to these crummy designs.  Besides, we all know what would happen: It'd be six figures, ultimately some important character would be left out, and then everyone would complain.

Thems my two cents. 

There's no avoiding the complaining. I'd argue an "inspired by" assortment would just give us even more of what we already have and eat into the specialty market. (Again.) Let's be honest; most of us could throw together an "inspired by" wave today.

If the designs are based on the game, it could be as exclusive to that big box retailer as Marvel Animated is to Walgreens. No one is stepping on anyone else's toes, new collectors are brought in thanks to a presence in the mass market, and veterans like us can still pick and choose what we want.

Not knowing how many characters are in the game, this could go on for a few waves if the first one sells through.

Legends has at least a few of those looks in the works/out in their gamerverse sub genre 

Yeah, I ran across a Legends Cap the other day.  Seeing it in toy form didn't make the design any better.  Thing is, these designs, while I think they are overall on the crappy side, might benefit from the Minimate treatment.  The minimalism of minimates might tone down some of the details.  I dunno.  A Gamestop boxset would probably be pretty cool.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm actually a little bummed we didn't get Minimates for this game. Not only because I like the in-game designs, but also because it just seems like a missed opportunity. If DST worked something out with say GameStop, a 4 or 5 pack to coincide with the game's release, they could've really had something!

12 hours ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

I'm actually a little bummed we didn't get Minimates for this game. Not only because I like the in-game designs, but also because it just seems like a missed opportunity. If DST worked something out with say GameStop, a 4 or 5 pack to coincide with the game's release, they could've really had something!

This applies to many things.

Ah, I missed the little "more" button. Two things:

1- That Cap shield is wild.  Accurate (I'm assuming), but I do not like.

2- Very much looking forward to the complaints that we won't get 'fill-in-the-blank' key character.  That said, very happy that those of you who wanted this line got it.  Hooray for new sublines!

3 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

Not the MODOK versions necessarily, but I just found these at Walgreens.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE2FtTiDgon/?igshid=80mhj10keckb

Just came across your post on IG! That's rad as hell

• 1 month later...

I just watched a trailer for the upcoming Hulu Modok animated series , a bizarre show for a bizarre character & obviously far too bizarre for DST to produce an official comic-version Minimate ;)  Once you've seen the trailer you'll surely be wondering why ,after 11 years, we've never had a re-run of those wonderful AIM Minimates ?   

9 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I just watched a trailer for the upcoming Hulu Modok animated series , a bizarre show for a bizarre character & obviously far too bizarre for DST to produce an official comic-version Minimate ;)  Once you've seen the trailer you'll surely be wondering why ,after 11 years, we've never had a re-run of those wonderful AIM Minimates ?   

I am often surprised that we haven’t had more AIM scientists. I did love the three pack that Hasbro did of 3 army builders in a pack. Wish we had something similar.