UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I've gone Minimate CRAZY again!

Hopefully this is the right place for this.

A couple years ago I went pretty crazy into Minimates, I was a late starter and not the type to complete series or groups or anything, just bought stuff that I liked, some junk for customs, etc. Anyway, at the time I spent a fair amount on Minimates. A lot of it is still in boxes, but I digress...

Over time I kinda lost the passion for it. I'm not a huge Marvel guy (nothing against Marvel, I like them and the Mates but it's not a huge thing for me) and so I mostly collected TMNT, Aliens, Predator and the oddball stuff, Beetlejuice, Elf, etc. I was happy as a clam when the Classic TMNT was set to come out and I kinda stopped buying mates in anticipation of spending a few hundred dollars on all the new TMNT mates I was gonna get. Yeah, well, we know how that went. Then I was super stoked about Bruce Lee mates, and then, well, you know how that went.

Anyway, slowly I lost interest. Again, with Minimates sort of just becoming a Marvel thing, I bought less and less. Picked up some Spidey stuff here or there, but it fell to the back of the list. I'd still look on occasion at Walgreens but some of the characters I didn't know or were outfits I didn't care for, etc.

Anyway this is a POSITIVE post... Point is, I recently decided to make some new customs. Which led to me needing a few different figures, some different pieces, buying some stuff. Then I fell down the damn hole again. I went from buying stuff for my customs to, oh hey, I'd like a set of those, and hey I can get a few of those for a good price and hell I never even knew they made those but that's cool... And over the last few weeks I've dropped a couple hundred bucks on Minimates. 

So what's the point of this post? Just to say that I love Minimates and I hope things continue to grow. It's a line you can kinda fall away from and rediscover and waste lots of your paycheck on. 

Awesome! I have kinda slowed down on Minimates a few times, but they are always on my shortlist when toy hunting.  I think it happens to most of us over time.  Welcome back!