UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dawn of X


Swarm198
 Share

Recommended Posts

With the big resurgence of X characters, what Dawn of X minimates would you like to see get made?

The brown-suit Wolverine and Marvel Girl Jean Grey we have are a pretty good start.

Personally, I’d also like to see:

Xavier and Cyclops

Beast and Storm

Magik and white-suit Magneto

young Cable and Kitty Pryde

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd be down for some characters we haven't seen yet that complete other line-ups sprinkled in.
While I haven't read X books for a while, there seems to be some roster shake-ups on the new covers.
Hellions is giving us Wild-child, Scalphunter & Nanny.
I'm not sure how they'd ever do her, but Armor has some currency again. I've always wanted a minimate of her.
I also wouldn't mind a Captain Britain-looking Psylocke that seems to be floating around the books at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/9/2020 at 8:33 PM, thereasonsy said:

I'm digging this story line and find it rich for minimates but let's face it they typically wait years for these things or they pick horrible storylines to minimate. 

Are you implying that Age of X box set wasn’t at the top of everyone’s wish list? /s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Swarm198 said:

Are you implying that Age of X box set wasn’t at the top of everyone’s wish list? /s

There's no implying I'm flat out stating it. I honestly cannot remember the last time they did a wae or 4 pack based off a timely relevant story that I heard positive things about. The last ones I remember were AOA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

There's no implying I'm flat out stating it. I honestly cannot remember the last time they did a wae or 4 pack based off a timely relevant story that I heard positive things about. The last ones I remember were AOA.

Secret Wars Zombie Pack?

Future Foundation was also a good set and a generally well liked story if I remember right. 
 

Before AOA had a couple solid gems. Secret Invasion, Thunderbolts, Marvel Zombies. Stories that are liked and had genuinely great minimate sets. 

Edited by Trekker 42
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

There's no implying I'm flat out stating it. I honestly cannot remember the last time they did a wae or 4 pack based off a timely relevant story that I heard positive things about. The last ones I remember were AOA.

The AXIS storyline had a pretty clean assortment, as did Hickman's Secret Wars. Both of which were released within a year of their respective comic book stories. Albeit, the latter wasn't super tied to the storyline, but each of those characters appeared and it delivered some great looks. People still gush over the Giant-Size X-Men and Maximum Carnage waves, I think (at least I still do). Although not timely relevant, it still stands as a good representation of how DST can deliver on storyline specific series' Heck, look at the recent Phoenix figures! 

The X-Men have always been at the forefront of Marvel's pantheon and if Hickman's writing style hasn't changed, I'm sure he'll still be chugging through this story by the time DST feels comfortable enough to give it Minimates. I think DST tends to listen to the Multiverse to see what could sell. Heck, they did a whole series of characters that they'd noticed us clamoring for. Patience. 

Edited by NerdyTrev
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Heinous said:

The BC Avengers came out of nowhere, but I honestly don't know if it was a well received storyline 

They weren’t really a storyline as far as I know. 
They were more of a... background concept. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

They weren’t really a storyline as far as I know. 
They were more of a... background concept. 

Yes, it was a backup story for like three issues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

Yes, it was a backup story for like three issues. 

It's crazy that we can get an 8 figure wave for a backup story, but nothing so far from probably the most widely adored X-Men event since what? Maybe Schism? Maybe Messiah Complex? Maybe the early 90's? HoX - PoX - DoX has been some of the better quality stuff coming out of Marvel in the past few years; throw some minimates at it DST!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2020 at 9:23 PM, NerdyTrev said:

The AXIS storyline had a pretty clean assortment, as did Hickman's Secret Wars. Both of which were released within a year of their respective comic book stories. Albeit, the latter wasn't super tied to the storyline, but each of those characters appeared and it delivered some great looks. People still gush over the Giant-Size X-Men and Maximum Carnage waves, I think (at least I still do). Although not timely relevant, it still stands as a good representation of how DST can deliver on storyline specific series' Heck, look at the recent Phoenix figures! 

The X-Men have always been at the forefront of Marvel's pantheon and if Hickman's writing style hasn't changed, I'm sure he'll still be chugging through this story by the time DST feels comfortable enough to give it Minimates. I think DST tends to listen to the Multiverse to see what could sell. Heck, they did a whole series of characters that they'd noticed us clamoring for. Patience. 

Fair on Axis’ assortment but it’s my understanding it wasn’t well received. Neither was Fear Itself. The BC Avengers were a current and beautiful line but again it’s my understanding that they also weren’t well received or maybe it’s just my algorithm. 

 

On 4/11/2020 at 8:57 PM, Trekker 42 said:

Secret Wars Zombie Pack?

Future Foundation was also a good set and a generally well liked story if I remember right. 
 

Before AOA had a couple solid gems. Secret Invasion, Thunderbolts, Marvel Zombies. Stories that are liked and had genuinely great minimate sets. 

The zombies did well! Thanks for the reminder of the FF. I didn’t get the set but I did love the storyline. It annoyed me not to have a Sue that was visible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...