UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Phoenix Wave (Wave 81)

thereasonsy

4 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Yeah, I don’t think the idea is to make a perfect recreation but more of a nod to. If so they would have to paint the cross X-holster onto the figure and he’d be out of the theme. Adding the jacket gives people what they have asked for: an X-Jacket. I hope there are extra hands but it looks like all of the accessories were shown with the figures. 

So Cyclops custom fodder. It's not authentic to the comic OR the cartoon but (if the colors match) collectors can use the parts to create both with other Cyclops Minimates.

I was thinking about using the jacket on my custom Morph but his X-patch is on the front, not the shoulder. So much for uniforms, X-Men! Get it together, Charles!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Really glad to get a Gladiator! The others aren't a must need for me but I'm going to be buying every wave going forward. Not sure if this line is in trouble or not but there are so few releases nowadays that I want to make sure I'm doing my part to prove there's still interest in Marvel Minimates. 

Besides dark Phoenix, I'm there with you. I want gladiator for his annihilation role 

I'll be honest I'd forgotten the Marvel Corsair character but I can see the love he's being shown & he looks great .  

Forgetting Minimates for a moment........ whenever I hear the word 'Corsair' I start smiling . 

When I was in my teens a popular UK car was known as the Ford Corsair ,quite exotic for its day but hardly a classic, in fact it must still be one the ugliest cars ever made . As I got older I became a proper petrol-head ,still am to a degree.      So one day.......... a  a mate of mine saying to me that he had nearly finished a kit car he was building . 

"A kit car ?" 

" Yeah its a  'Pubic' " 

" A 'Pubic' ? WTF is it made from?" 

"Old Corsairs"

I'm smiling again.

7 hours ago, MisterPL said:

So Cyclops custom fodder. It's not authentic to the comic OR the cartoon but (if the colors match) collectors can use the parts to create both with other Cyclops Minimates.

I was thinking about using the jacket on my custom Morph but his X-patch is on the front, not the shoulder. So much for uniforms, X-Men! Get it together, Charles!

Cyclops is always cannon fodder as far as I’m concerned. I’m hoping I’m wrong but I didn’t see any spare arms around him. I also was going to buy multiples for the jacket. I love having a uniformed aspect to characters. 

9 hours ago, bilbofett said:

So has anyone swapped out that hairpiece on their current Dark Phoenix? 

No, I use a Starfire hair piece to give her that Uncanny 137 I’m here at my family’s house look. 

These couple waves are fantastic! Loving all the new figures we are getting and cleaning up gaps from recent waves (just need Morbius and Firestar from the Maximum Carnage wave!) Disappointed in the last two figures, but I can always use the spare parts and having two jackets for other customs will be great. Now that the Shi'ar hairpiece exists here's hoping we get an Emperor Vulcan Shi'ar wave or boxset(s) at some point to fill out the space stuff... Be nice to have Ch'od, Raza, Hepzibah, Fang Wolvie, D'ken, Vulcan, Deathbird to go along with this wave!

Never mind on D'Ken, just realized now that some clevor parts use from a Kang, Mandarin, or others can get a pretty good quick custom.

6 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

Never mind on D'Ken, just realized now that some clevor parts use from a Kang, Mandarin, or others can get a pretty good quick custom.

Oooh - can you share pics & recipe when this comes together?

For anyone looking to make the Starjammers, here's a few recipe tips:

-Ch'od is actually pretty easy, as a Pathfinder Goblin head on any number of Hulk bodies will fit the bill.

-There's a skunk tail from the Peter Pan Minimates that works perfectly for Hepzibah, with a little glue. From there it's really just parts matching to get the look you want, since there are plenty of white female faces (I recommend Lady Death) white hairpieces, and yellow female chest blocks.

-Raza is probably the toughest, since there's not going to be a face that matches him, but the Retro X-Force Cable chest is a perfect match for him, as is the Championspool ponytail.

7 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Sorry, it will be supposedly be attached to a second masked head.

No apology needed man. I was just scoping out possible new innovations. Still stoked to get the blaster piece.

On 2/27/2020 at 3:55 PM, Nessex said:

Oooh - can you share pics & recipe when this comes together?

Absolutely! Right now my plan is to use the Iron Man 3 “Mandarin” body for his robed look. Just need to find some regular arms that match that body if possible. Sorry for the late reply, I was in Phoenix with family and didn’t see this until now.

18 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

Absolutely! Right now my plan is to use the Iron Man 3 “Mandarin” body for his robed look. Just need to find some regular arms that match that body if possible. Sorry for the late reply, I was in Phoenix with family and didn’t see this until now.

Was it dark in Phoenix?

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly off-topic (topic-adjacent?) but I finally got around to watching Dark Phoenix thanks to HBO and some "panda maniac" (?) keeping everyone inside.

Anyway, it would have been pretty easy for DST to offer the entire team not unlike Series 60:

• Cyclops/Beast & Magneto
  • Raven/Storm & Xavier
  • Mystique/Jean & Vuk
  • Quicksilver/Nightcrawler & Red Lotus

Oh well. Great film. Missed opportunity.

Given how the film was received, I suspect DST re probably glad they didn't produce merch for it, even though the costumes would allow for almost the whole team to be made pretty easily.