UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Phoenix Wave (Wave 81)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, bzorio said:

Actually, Midtown Comics took the picture. 😉

Eh I’m still pissed at them so credit stays with you. 😂 

 

15 minutes ago, Donny B said:

I actually did a little dance.

these mates can’t get here soon enough

I wish they were here NOW!!! It’s the 40th anniversary so it’s all year long. Really wish Green Jean was a Dark Phoenix update though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's true that there should be a new Dark Phoenix, but finally getting a (Dark) Phoenix Saga wave is too exciting for me too really mind. This wave looks as well done as 80, and the character choices are much more appealing to me.

I hope the last pack has a new White Queen in it, even though that doesn't fit the cosmic theme of the other two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

It's true that there should be a new Dark Phoenix, but finally getting a (Dark) Phoenix Saga wave is too exciting for me too really mind. This wave looks as well done as 80, and the character choices are much more appealing to me.

I hope the last pack has a new White Queen in it, even though that doesn't fit the cosmic theme of the other two.

It may not “fit” the cosmic wave but it still is Emma’s 40th birthday...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, good for dst straight knocking it out of late with these waves.  Can't wait to see all of them.

Who do we think are in that last two pack?  Wolverine as Fang? Ch'od? Hepzibah? Smasher? Mad Emperor D'Ken? There are so many options!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, funkguerilla said:

Man, good for dst straight knocking it out of late with these waves.  Can't wait to see all of them.

Who do we think are in that last two pack?  Wolverine as Fang? Ch'od? Hepzibah? Smasher? Mad Emperor D'Ken? There are so many options!  

 That’s what I want!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Heinous said:

Ehhhh it's super dated. They could shade it the same way these days but make it look wayyyyy better 

I guess I just disagree. I'd definitely welcome a new one with open arms, but I still think the one we've got stands out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another surprise wave, can't believe we are finally getting Corsair, Lilandra, and Gladiator.  

I wouldn't be surprised if the last pack is Dark Phoenix and Fang Wolverine, but would love to see more of the StarJammers.  Maybe 81 is still a BAF wave with Hepzibah, Raza, and BAF Ch'od with Cr'reee?

Maybe 82 will be a complimentary Dark Phoenix themed wave?

We definitely need more 70's and 80's X-Men villains.  Black Tom with Juggernaut redo, Hellfire Club, Wendigo, a proper Sauron, Reavers, Callisto, Arcade....

Edited by youbastards
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, youbastards said:

Maybe 81 is still a BAF wave with Hepzibah, Raza, and BAF Ch'od with Cr'reee?

That'd be a winner. 

At least give me Ch'od. I can feasibly live without the other two, but just having Corsair on his lonesome is too depressing. 

I'm also very hopeful that there's an alternative Shi'ar hairpiece for Lilandra. I far prefer her fishnet look to her armored-up appearance and would like to get as close to that as I can. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

That'd be a winner. 

At least give me Ch'od. I can feasibly live without the other two, but just having Corsair on his lonesome is too depressing. 

I'm also very hopeful that there's an alternative Shi'ar hairpiece for Lilandra. I far prefer her fishnet look to her armored-up appearance and would like to get as close to that as I can. 

The hairpiece is visible in the picture. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Eh I’m still pissed at them so credit stays with you. 😂 

 

I wish they were here NOW!!! It’s the 40th anniversary so it’s all year long. Really wish Green Jean was a Dark Phoenix update though.

😂 😂 😂

I asked Midtown to photograph the rest but I haven't had an answer until now. Maybe @DSTZach can help us.

EDIT: he already did it. Thanks, Zach!

57 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Not 100% sure I got the two-packs right, but the last two are Cyclops with leather jacket and Dark Phoenix with a bunch of flamey pieces. There should be more pics today, we didn't allow press yesterday. Midtown Comics came through as a retailer. 

 

 

10 hours ago, youbastards said:

Maybe 81 is still a BAF wave with Hepzibah, Raza, and BAF Ch'od with Cr'reee?

 

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Also no BAF, that is done going forward, unfortunately. Fun while it lasted.

So, no BAF here too, unfortunately.

Edited by bzorio
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...