UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2020 NY Toy Fair

MisterPL

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious who the other two cosmic X figures are. Gladiator, Corsair and Lilandra will be nice additions to the collection.

As for wave 80, they all look great. Deathlok, Constrictor and Stealth IM are the winners for me. I think Ghost' helmet might be sculpted? Looks nice regardless.

Great to see a few more comic waves that I look forward to purchasing.

32 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Not 100% sure I got the two-packs right, but the last two are Cyclops with leather jacket and Dark Phoenix with a bunch of flamey pieces. There should be more pics today, we didn't allow press yesterday. Midtown Comics came through as a retailer. 

so this?

XMen123.jpg?fit=bounds&width=640&height=

Well, that's not the reveal I was hoping for as I'm happy with the original Dark Phoenix and certainly don't need another Cyclops. But some of the re-dos over the last year have been pretty spectacular so here's hoping. Still pumped for a Corsair!  Lilandra and Gladiator are a nice start to an Imperial Guard section on my shelf too.

10 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

No new Emma Frost is a shame, but so far this wave looks fantastic, and it's good to hear we're finally getting a new Dark Phoenix. Hopefully Cyclops is the proper classic design.

I sympathize with you but the smaller the releases get the more anxious I get and just want new characters. To me, having a Green Phoenix and a Cyclops is a waste. I much rather would have had any of the following Warstar, Hep, Raza, or Chod. 

I'm also surprised we got Cyclops considering he's very similar to the giant sized Cyclops we got not too long ago... BUT it's worth it to me cuz that Jacket is coming right off and going on my custom Morph. Also I think it's funny that they used Avengers BC Phoenix hair on DP, cuz I've been doing the same for a while now! What a great looking wave!

6 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I sympathize with you but the smaller the releases get the more anxious I get and just want new characters. To me, having a Green Phoenix and a Cyclops is a waste. I much rather would have had any of the following Warstar, Hep, Raza, or Chod. 

I have the same anxiety. Smaller waves mean less characters, but I doubt we're going to see heavy hitters cut from waves.
Having said that, DST has managed to give 3 brand new, second/third tier characters in a wave with 2 Jean Greys. I've got a fair bit of faith based on the contents of waves 80 & 81.

1 hour ago, fwoosheyman said:

Now we’re talkin DST! Wave 80 & 81 are great. As long as the accessories stay at a high amount I’ve got no issues w the BAF going away. Hopefully with two waves being shown at once we are going to have more releases per year. 

If I recall correctly Zach mentioned we’d have three waves this year. The GOTG, Espionage and Dark Phoenix would fit the Bill. There are allegedly more with Black Widow and more animated waves coming. As for accessories, everyone in Dark Phoenix has something except for Gladiator and Corsair. The Espionage wave looks very accessory light though. 

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

Yeah, I liked the BAF quite a bit but I'm somewhat of a completist anyway. Given the sheer size of the accessories in this series (those Phoenix FX aren't small) there probably just wasn't room. I'm not convinced BAFs are done yet.

I don’t know. I think the whole 3 packs only to me is a sign that they are trying to increase their profit margins while keeping the price point the same. If so, I’d expect them to be sparse with accessories (Espionage Wave) to compensate for the accessories of Dark Phoenix. If this is the case, the BAF is gone unless they raise the price of the two packs. ??‍♂️