UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2020 NY Toy Fair

MisterPL

I'm just finding out about this now but apparently a company called Well Played Toys has the Lost in Space license. Not only are they planning 6" and 3 3/4" figures, since they have their own construction sets they're offering blind-bagged mini-figs. Here's what they showed last year. Looking forward to seeing more in a couple days. Oh, and the company is practically located in my backyard.

DC Collectibles just changed their name back to DC Direct, so nostalgia is strong. 

Expectations are lower than ever for Minimates so there's nowhere to go but up.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of GI Joe collectors are into the figures but what's always attracted this collector to smaller scale lines is the ability to offer vehicles and playsets. That ability diminishes dramatically as the scale goes up, especially with a mass market line like GI Joe. Snake Eyes looks great, and he's got loads of detail, but now I'm wondering if HasLab's next project will be something to go with these 1/12 scale figures.

Fwoosh has a couple leaked images of Roadblock and Scarlett from the 6" GI Joe line, and I dunno what they are thinking. Rather than making them look like the classic Joes, they've gone with redesigns that make them almost unrecognizable. I think they've completely misunderstood the audience for this line; it's surprising, since they've done such a good job with Star Wars Black and Marvel Legends.

Marvel Legends is getting into the Maximum Venom game with a few new venomized figures.  You think it's a hint to what we may see at Walgreens later this year?  Like they'll do a series 2 (or 1b) with a Gwendom, Venomized Miles, Iron Man, and... um... Captain Marvel?

Not that we'll see any of that at the show, but you know, for future thoughts.

Because there's no press at the DST booth today, and I don't know how focused on Minimates most of them will be, and because I like you guys, here's the rest of Series 80. No BAF this series, sadly. If no pictures of 81 get out on Sunday I'll take some of that series as well. 

IMG_8698-e1582372263322.jpg

IMG_8696-e1582372240503.jpg