UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Looney Tunes?

Would anybody else have any interest in these if they were to come about? Anyone ever chatted about this possibility before. I often go back and look at the cancelled cereal mascot minis and recently I thought that if the same mechanics were applied to Looney Tunes, the result could be a beautiful assortment of figures. 

Of course, it could end up like the Muppets figures with a few strong waves that quickly died off, but I'm interested in how much demand there would be for such a thing. I would love to see how many different heads and expressions DST could come up with for Bugs and Daffy. Especially one with the latter's bill turned around 180 degrees :rofl:!!!

Daffy would be an easy one. Standard head with a bill that slips on. It even allows for a spinning bill, like Thor's hammer. However my two most wanted would be Marvin the Martian with mini-Marven accessory (helmet and feet) and Wile E. Coyote with painted flattened Wiley base and Roadrunner mini.

I'd love Looney Tunes Minimates but they would end up like Muppet Minimates if there wasn't a stronger desire to make the MInimate look like the character, rather than a Minimate that looks like a Minimate .  Comments like that don't roll easily out of my fingertips as there was obviously an immense amount of effort put into the Muppet line but it would seem that they didn't sell like they should have . 

In essence the Muppet characters  we all grew up watching on TV were hand puppets .......they all had very very huge opening mouths...........I'm not saying that all the Muppet Minimates should have had moulded mouths but Kermit without a mouth ? Seriously? 

My point ? I'd love Looney Tunes Minimates but....