UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Autographed Photos

Polarboy

I wanted an autographed photo so I had a look on ebay and there are so many reproductions with somewhat misleading descriptions. Anyway I found one that seems to be a reasonable price and it comes with a coa. What is the general opinion on these certificates? They could be printed up by the seller for all I know, I suppose if I wanted to be existential about it, If it's a fake but I think it's genuine and all it's doing is hanging on my wall does it matter?  

I have educated myself on autos, fakes and COAs after a bad deal on something else, a faked piece of original art.  The COA really means little.  There are some good Facebook groups that will give opinions on signatures and sometimes insights on sellers to stay away from.  Find a reputable source and make it easy on yourself.

I collect pro-wrestling, comicbook art and some punk band autographs and usually if I buy one of someone no longer living I find it's best if there's a photo of that person signing the item but even then I do know  celebrities that have had the same photo used over and over for fake items so it's always a risk that you get a fake.  COA's seem to only be good for things that are known to have been signed a set number of times for a company or event.  I find that the only sure fire way not to get a fake is to have them sign things in person or if possible see if that person(s) has their own store or ebay listings for signed items. 

I've always been a fan of Carrie Fisher (Used to watch the Blue's Brothers with my grandma). From what I can tell trying to get an autograph of a person who has recently passed when there last movie is still in cinemas is a fools quest, so of course this is when it occurred to be I would really like one lol.