UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That thing just looks ugly to me. Hasbro could probably come close to doing him justice as an MP type figure, but they won't. Instead they do that lazyish, "Classic" styled version of him. So the best we could hope for in terms of getting a reasonably G1 cartoon-accurate update of him is a 3rd party version I think.

I'd give it a while Takara is all but finished with the 84 crew. They should start MPing 85 soon.

Speaking of which, here's a very interesting WIP shapewars mod to turn your Classics Inferno/Grapple into a MP version.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/596391-inferno-grapple-masterpiece-upgrades-9.html#post9031472

And the hits just keep coming!

e-hobby-MP-12T.jpg

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http://chogoking.com/post-119-shogo-hasui.html?PHPSESSID=52273e51b425c8434b88547e9952c0ca&act=url

- The Future of Masterpiece.

We hope to release 2 large and 2 small MP models for this year. There are some characters already mentioned that are possible, but one of my favorites are Jazz and combine Bruticus. I remember saying the same thing 2 years ago at a toy fair. [Laughs] I want to make sure they are made, but not so easy to implement ... Although I work with the intention discreate all characters thereafter.

but one of my favorites are Jazz and combine Bruticus

Bruticus

Mi Dios...

I saw that quote, or one similar to it a few weeks ago. From what I understand that is by no means an indication that those figures are actually happening though, just that someone who has serious pull at Takara would like them to be made, correct? And what's with the yellow lamborghini? Is it actually being produced now?

Yeah, I understand that. Still...

And they're getting Tiger Tracks out before the lose the Lambor license entirely. No time to design a proper Sunstreaker I guess, so something is better than anything. (Well, not according to my best friend. he thinks they should have stopped making toys in 1986 and waited for technology to give us "proper" character figures. And if they can't do it perfect, don't even try. *rolleyes* )

I want my Megs! I'll take either of those but Galvy over Magnus. I'll be buying all 3 regardless of when they come out. Damn you nostalgia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...