UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

Do you guys want to hear a tale that will make you sick to your stomach? Sure you do.

Last week local Wal-Mart had about 15 20th Anniv. Optimus Prime figures marked down to $50. I really wanted one, but I thought $50 was a good price but still too much, so I decided to wait and see if the price came down. Well, this morning, I went in, and they were all gone. I asked the toy stock guy if they had any left, he said no, they went pretty quickly after they were marked down further.

And what was the final markdown price?

Seven dollars each.

Seven.

I was speechless.

I've been watching the clearance section at Wal-Mart here for about a month, they had the two remaining 20th Anniv Optimus Primes marked down to $25 the other day so I grabbed one. I must say it is a very excelent figure, very detailed. Makes me want to get a Masterpiece Megatron and Starscream to go with him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am considering selling and/or trading my old G1 transformers to help fund my minimate habit, plus my wife would be happy to get them out of the house. I don't have a listing of what I have, but they over-fill one of those plastic milk crates. I don't have any boxes or instructions, but most of the weapons should still be there. Anyway, I wasn't sure if I should sell them each, 1 off at a time, or as a whole big lot. What do you guys think? If I can find some time in the near future, I will post a list of what I have in the flea market if anyone is interested, otherwise it's off to ebay.

BS

Post the list, please!!

UPDATE, DEVASTATOR WATCH: Heard on another board that Moline, IL has the big guy, but I went to two of the closest Wal-Marts and found nothing. Going to go to one a little further later tonight. I was really looking forward to this (even if it is just a repaint - at least it's a repaint of one/six I don't have!)...Really bummed right now.

Wish me luck...

What are the transformers that are kinda like the size of minimates. They look like babies big heads with little bodies. Any one know?

Myclone huh thanks for the help guys or girls heh :)

Wait wahhh?

ohh okay thanks for clearning that up, got confused for just a sec. :tongue:

Do you guys want to hear a tale that will make you sick to your stomach? Sure you do.

Last week local Wal-Mart had about 15 20th Anniv. Optimus Prime figures marked down to $50. I really wanted one, but I thought $50 was a good price but still too much, so I decided to wait and see if the price came down. Well, this morning, I went in, and they were all gone. I asked the toy stock guy if they had any left, he said no, they went pretty quickly after they were marked down further.

And what was the final markdown price?

Seven dollars each.

Seven.

I was speechless.

I've been watching the clearance section at Wal-Mart here for about a month, they had the two remaining 20th Anniv Optimus Primes marked down to $25 the other day so I grabbed one. I must say it is a very excelent figure, very detailed. Makes me want to get a Masterpiece Megatron and Starscream to go with him.

I can't believe you guys are still finding 20th Anniversary Optimus at Walmart. My old Walmarts in Cleveland haven't had them for 2 years and the ones in Charlotte don't either. If someone can get their hands on one let me know.

Web, these are the "movie version"s, where here's done up in blue and yellow.

ah...my bad. Thanks for clearing that up.

Where could I get myclone that would not be ebay? I have been looking all over but to no avail :rolleyes: