UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a few diecast pieces, but he's still mostly plastic. I personally like the combination of the two. I have an all diecast Optimus Prime (the Titanium Series), and he's impossible to pose/stand/transform, because the all metal is so loose, it all just hangs, and won't stay.

He cost me $59.99 on eBay with $10 shipping. The guy shipped it from NJ on Thursday morning, and I woke up (after noon, LOL) to it today!!

He is SO cool!! I've learned something, though. If you put Ravage in the front, and Laserbeak behind him (inside SW's chest), LB gets stuck. But, if you put Ravage behind LB, the door opens and closes smoothly.

:apocalypse:

Ummm... It says general discussion, so I hope this is ok... I've got the whole first wave of Classics, and I'm picking up Grimlock today. Anyone want to recommend Jetfire/Mirage?

Jetfire and Mirage are awesome!

Mirage is definitely cooler in your hands, than he is in pictures. I always thought he looked kind of stupid, but he's pretty neat when you're transforming him.

Jetfire's sweet, 'cause he has two forms in each mode. There's regular Jet and Robot modes, then with a few snap-on additions, he goes into ultra-mega mode. Both look equally cool. I keep switching back and forth with regular and mega (lol...I don't know what to call it!) modes on my display shelf.

A friend picked up Grimlock for me, but I haven't seen him yet since he bought it, so I haven't gotten a chance to enjoy the Dinobot. One of the few childhood memories that is still sticking in my waning short-term/long-term brain is playing with the original Dinobots. Mostly Grimlock and Slag. Those were good times.

How's he measure up, DP?

Jetfire and Mirage are awesome!

Mirage is definitely cooler in your hands, than he is in pictures. I always thought he looked kind of stupid, but he's pretty neat when you're transforming him.

Jetfire's sweet, 'cause he has two forms in each mode. There's regular Jet and Robot modes, then with a few snap-on additions, he goes into ultra-mega mode. Both look equally cool. I keep switching back and forth with regular and mega (lol...I don't know what to call it!) modes on my display shelf.

A friend picked up Grimlock for me, but I haven't seen him yet since he bought it, so I haven't gotten a chance to enjoy the Dinobot. One of the few childhood memories that is still sticking in my waning short-term/long-term brain is playing with the original Dinobots. Mostly Grimlock and Slag. Those were good times.

How's he measure up, DP?

Cool. I really like him. He's got thunder thighs, but I can look past that. His tail is an odd weapon, and some parts look strange, but... He's a freaking T-Rex, I can't not love him. I keep debating Mirage, and haven't seen Jetfire. My current fav remains Bumblebee however... I just can't get enough of that smile!

I got Optimus Prime from my best friend for Christmas. I've been really thinking about going out and buying Megatron; but then I saw the more comic/TV show accurate 2-Pack, "The Ultimate Battle" or whatever. Which should I go for? Or better yet, should I buy both? I'll try to find a link to that two-pack on the web. :)

EDIT: Aaahh, here it is:

post-353-1167878342_thumb.jpg

I got Optimus Prime from my best friend for Christmas. I've been really thinking about going out and buying Megatron; but then I saw the more comic/TV show accurate 2-Pack, "The Ultimate Battle" or whatever. Which should I go for? Or better yet, should I buy both? I'll try to find a link to that two-pack on the web. :)

EDIT: Aaahh, here it is:

Ugh, no, the 2-pack is MUCH worse. Go for the gun!

TM2: Grimlock is sweet! I may not be the biggest Transfan out there, but IMO, the weakest is Mirage (although I don't have him, that's why)

Wowee. Check this out: DEVASTATOR

They may call it Devastator, but it's just a repaint of Maximus.

http://www.seibertron.com/toys/gallery.php...e=0&start=0

It is greatly better than the original just due to the color scheme, but I still can't call it Devastator since it's a repaint of something else. Plus, I don't like the hands. I guess I just prefer the original Devastator look.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Constructicons.jpg

I didn't like the look of the Megatron gun figure at first since it looked too much like a toy gun and not more like the image below:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1d/Megatron2.jpg

But I eventually just bought it and I really like it. It's the best we'll ever get of a gun-mode Megatron outside of Japan.

Ugh, no, the 2-pack is MUCH worse. Go for the gun!

How so? :huh:

I don't know about anyone else, but to me...if Megatron isn't a Walther P38 or another type of hand gun, it just isn't megatron.

And I recently picked up the Classics Grimlock that just came out, and I must say that it is a rather decent figure. Both Robot and Dinosaur modes look good, and not being able to get him as a kid, I was happy to see he was re-released and in his Classic T-rex form :)

want Jetfire. I hate Macross with a nuclear passion, but still thinks the Classics Jetfire taps all the right buttons to be a Macross/Robotech Valk without being one.

Had a false start because Mirage turned up within the same month as the first lot of Classics, but haven't seen any of the other second wave stuff. And amusing to note it's cheaper to get a G1 Jetfire (admittedly not mint in box) on ebay than a Classics Jetfire :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...