UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

I have to point this out cause I almost dies when I saw it.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;picture=out

MUCH pleasure is derived from this!

Awesome. But that's $30 a figure if that's the price for only the set of 8... :blink:

Botcon update! It is all but 100% official that the exclusives this year will be Classics. Though yall all might want to know.

BotCon07logoSM.jpg

When and where is it?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I and several others are thinking Thrust, Thundercracker, and either Dirdge, Sunstorm, Ghost Screamer or another. There's a seeker 3 pack where 1 is remolded and Thundercracker and another repaint and possible remold. So that's Thrust/Dirge, Thundercracker, and 1 other.

There's also 2 more toys which we don;t know what are yet. I'm assuming Anime Astrotrain.

Do you guys want to hear a tale that will make you sick to your stomach? Sure you do.

Last week local Wal-Mart had about 15 20th Anniv. Optimus Prime figures marked down to $50. I really wanted one, but I thought $50 was a good price but still too much, so I decided to wait and see if the price came down. Well, this morning, I went in, and they were all gone. I asked the toy stock guy if they had any left, he said no, they went pretty quickly after they were marked down further.

And what was the final markdown price?

Seven dollars each.

Seven.

I was speechless.

GAHHHHHH!!!! Mine Marked them down from $50 to $40 to $30 in about 3 days. I will have to keep an eye out.

They also mismarked their Classics, and I got Ramjet for $7.88. I never wished I could get all the toys I wanted so much in my life. Grimlock, Cliffjumpper, Mirage and a dozen Screamers would have been mine.

I don't like the 20th Anniv. Optimus. His red is too orange, his blue is too bright, and his gun isn't black.

I might've spent $65 on it 3 years ago, but my red/dark blue w/burn marks & black gun makes me happier than this repaint ever could.

Also, TM2, if you could help me with the Botcon Exclusives, too, that'd be kick@$$. Let me know how much they'd be, and I might even be able to pay you for them upfront (before you go to the Con), and pay for shipping after you've gotten them. Unless you think they'll be sold somewhere online (not eBay) after the Con (like most SDCC & Wizard World Chicago exclusives are sold at online retailers a few days after the conventions)?

There is actually a non-attendence package, where you can order the toys and have them shipped straight to your door, if that helps. I don't remember off the top of my head if you can pick up a set for another person at the con, but what I do know is that (no offense) I'm not going to get anything for any one else without 100% cash in hand up front. Nothing personal, but I have no bounce back in my budget at all :(

No offense taken. Personally, I'd have to do the same for anyone else.

However, that "All the Exclusives Mailed to Your Door" sounds perfect (for either of us)!!

Where do I go to order that? And, finances being tight, how soon ahead of time can/should I order it? I don't want to order it too early, then have to float that amount in my bank account until they charge me, nor do I want to wait too long, and risk them being sold out, and not being able to get it at all.

"Slightly less" than buying a round-trip airplane ticket from Chicago to Rhode Island, paying for admission, paying for hotel stay, buying food, and getting the pack of toys...or "slightly less" than just buying the toys?

(And, thank you for all your helpful information, and sorry for being a pain in the @$$.)

You gotta be kidding me.

One day admission for SDCC/Wizard World Chicago is $25, $50 for the weekend. AnimeCentral is $20/$40.

The Transformers Classics are between $10-$20.

A 3-pack shouldn't be more than $60, tops. WTF is Hasbro doing!?

If I had a high-paying job (which I don't), there's no way in 43LL I would ever pay $350 for 3 action figures (not even 6 of 'em - that's still almost $60 a piece!!).

If the Classics exclusives are under $100 (way, way under), let me know, and I'll pay you before you go to the Con, and, maybe you can get them for me.

Please tell me that's a price for all of the exclusives, including statues, and what not. Please. That's ridiculous.

Like that Beast Wars link you posted - $240 for 8 figures!? $30 a figure!? Are they 18" tall? Or is that for a case?

You gotta be kidding me.

One day admission for SDCC/Wizard World Chicago is $25, $50 for the weekend. AnimeCentral is $20/$40.

The Transformers Classics are between $10-$20.

A 3-pack shouldn't be more than $60, tops. WTF is Hasbro doing!?

If I had a high-paying job (which I don't), there's no way in 43LL I would ever pay $350 for 3 action figures (not even 6 of 'em - that's still almost $60 a piece!!).

If the Classics exclusives are under $100 (way, way under), let me know, and I'll pay you before you go to the Con, and, maybe you can get them for me.

Please tell me that's a price for all of the exclusives, including statues, and what not. Please. That's ridiculous.

Like that Beast Wars link you posted - $240 for 8 figures!? $30 a figure!? Are they 18" tall? Or is that for a case?

That's what they are and that's normal price. i don;t know if you've been paying attention, but there hasn't been a Botcon exclusive under $40 almost ever. I think Onyx Primal was, but he was a $5 toy retail. Cyclonus 4 years ago was $80, $20 retail. You're paying average exclusive price.

Oh, and yes, that link is $240 for 8 figures, deluxe $10 size.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone's interested, hasbrotoyshop.com has a ton of Transformers for sale, mostly Titaniums but also a few Alternators. Click on Special Offers on the main page. I just got Alternators Skids for $13 and almost the complete run of G1 (and a few G2) 3" Titaniums for $2.50 to $4 each. I just need 3" Galvatron to have the whole set!

There's:

Transtopia - Just don't post any customs or artwork over there, unless you're ready to have everything that's wrong with it pointed out to you in not-quite polite or helpful terms.

Seibertron - It's got an amazing photo gallery of every TF toy ever made, and is going to be made. Not the most visited forum, though. Either that, or I'm just hitting it at the wrong time of day...

Transformer World 2005 - I just joined this one, and so far, it seems pretty cool...

and TFans.com - which, for some reason, won't let me join, because, no matter what e-mail address I enter, it keeps saying it's "Not Accepted by this Board", and every e-mail I send to the Admins comes back Mailer-Daemon undelivered.

That's all I know right now. If you come across any others, please let me know!