UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

I didn't know Jazz was out yet, haven't seen him anywhere...

Jazz is part of wave 4 along with Swoop, Sentinel Prime and Elite Guard Bumblebee but he's been available on ebay for a while now...

Picture of him from my blog along with Soundwave...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know Jazz was out yet, haven't seen him anywhere...

Jazz is part of wave 4 along with Swoop, Sentinel Prime and Elite Guard Bumblebee but he's been available on ebay for a while now...

Picture of him from my blog along with Soundwave...

Jazz is Wave 3, isn't he? Him, Soundwave, Oil Slick, and Snarl are wave 3 deluxes, while Swoop, Sentinel, and Elite Guard BB are all wave 4.

I checked and you're right...

So now why the crap was i thinking he was part of wave 4 <_<

Oh and my Leader Class Megatron turned up in the post this morning and i'm in love :wub:

ANIMATEDLEADERCLASSMEGATRON2.jpg
Edited by bruticus

Hey bruticus, is Jazz the same height/scale as Prowl and Blackarachnia, in robot form? If there's any way you could snap a pic of the 3 standing in a row, I'd really appreciate it (of course, no worries if it's a hassle)...

Trying to decide if they'd work together on my shelf, before I hunt one down...

Hey bruticus, is Jazz the same height/scale as Prowl and Blackarachnia, in robot form? If there's any way you could snap a pic of the 3 standing in a row, I'd really appreciate it (of course, no worries if it's a hassle)...

Trying to decide if they'd work together on my shelf, before I hunt one down...

It's not a hassle in the slightest mate...

As you can see, Jazz is indeed as tall as Prowl & Blackarachnia...

post-311-1215254302_thumb.jpg
Edited by bruticus

Awesome, thanks for that! Just wanted to make sure he wasn't on some completely different scale like Bumblebee, but no they look great together, I'll definitely be grabbing one now...

I hope the American posters enjoyed the finale today -- I am officially in Animated withdrawal :(

Awesome, thanks for that! Just wanted to make sure he wasn't on some completely different scale like Bumblebee, but no they look great together, I'll definitely be grabbing one now...

I hope the American posters enjoyed the finale today -- I am officially in Animated withdrawal :(

Sending you a PM!

And Jazz is definitely worth picking up...

And just because this thread has ground to a halt...

I was bored the other week so threw this together...

SOUNDWAVEKARAOKE.jpg

Soundwave's rendition of "The Touch" at the Decepticon Reunion Party didn't go down quite as well as he'd planned amongst the other Decepticons...

New Robot Heroes have been announced...

Snarl VS Sharkticon

Cheetor VS Tankor

Perceptor VS Ha

Tigatron VS Inferno

Ricochet VS Pre

Super Op VS RID

Prowl VS Laserbeak

Optimus VS Jetstorm

Victory Saber VS ??

First off a RH Victory Saber has to be full of win!!!

But it'll be interesting to see if the Ricochet vs Pre turns out to be Predaking and that Victory Saber's pack companion is Deszaras...

And yeah, BM Tankor, Jetstorm and hopefully what will turn out to be Fire Convoy...

SWEET!!!

This proves my theory. The character choices have nothing to do with what children might want. These are entirely designed with collectors in mind, with the knowledge that the concept of cute, cheap robots alone is enough to have kids buy them.

This proves my theory. The character choices have nothing to do with what children might want. These are entirely designed with collectors in mind, with the knowledge that the concept of cute, cheap robots alone is enough to have kids buy them.

I agree with that...

After all, what's the chances that the majority of children outside of Japan would know who Victory Saber or Deszaras are...

Personally i would like to see more RH representations of Japanese series characters...

Dai Atlas

Liokaiser

Road Caesar

Black Zarak

God Ginrai

Heinlad

Big Convoy

Magmatron

To name but a few...

Edited by bruticus

• 2 weeks later...

I also managed to pick up Universe/Classics 2.0 Prowl and Sunstreaker yesterday...

Sunstreaker is actually pretty good, Prowl i like but he somehow manages to leave me with a bad taste in my mouth...

I don't know if it's because he feels knock off cheapish or because of the total lack of detail on the arms and thighs...

But i'm gonna try ordering the upgrade stickers from Reprolabels and see if that helps sway my opinion because i want to like him, i really do...

Edited by bruticus

Sunstreaker is actually pretty good, Prowl i like but he somehow manages to leave me with a bad taste in my mouth...

I felt the same way, which was strange, because Prowl is one of my favorite Autobot designs, and I could care less about Sunstreaker. Unfortunately, I think the Prowl mold just isn't very good, and I don't think the Reprolabels would be much help, honestly. Doesn't matter much to me, though. I've already got a great, iconic, updated Prowl in my collection.

Edited by karamazov80

I felt the same way, which was strange, because Prowl is one of my favorite Autobot designs, and I could care less about Sunstreaker. Unfortunately, I think the Prowl mold just isn't very good, and I don't think the Reprolabels would be much help, honestly. Doesn't matter much to me, though. I've already got a great, iconic, updated Prowl in my collection.

Sort of why i'm holding off buying Onslaught to be honest...He looks an amazing figure but so did Prowl in all the initial pictures...

I'm gonna give the Reprolabels a go, can't hurt to try and can't make him look any worse *shrugs*

Finally found a Jazz, he looks so much cooler in person, probably my favorite design after Grimlock... got a bit worried on the first bit of his transformation though, thought I was going to snap him in half! :lol: Now I just have to decide whether to pick up Snarl, since I don't like the photos I've seen of Swoop's dino-form and that ruins the whole "group of Dinobots" I had envisioned on my shelf...

Oh, and while looking for the Swoop photos, I saw on a TF website that the Revoltech guys at SDCC were hinting at which figures were next up: supposedly Soundwave and Grimlock, which is awesome. Hopefully they'll include Soundwave's little panther-cassette dude. It'd be great to eventually see Bumblebee, Galvatron, Prowl and Arcee, I really like the line...

I wish I could get over my irrational hatred of all non-transformable Transformers so that I could buy some of those Revoltechs (at least Starscream), but I just can't :(

Well I do hate those non-transformable movie figures, as well as the little PVC ones... I just like the Revoltech because they're so poseable, and look like they're right out of the cartoon. The cartoon holds more nostalgia for me than the toys, when I was a kid my parents wouldn't shell out for Transformers really (I had like 2 Gobots, a rock monster, and my only official Transformer -- a Wheelie :blink: ).

So that's probably why I put much more stock in how they look posed than the transforming, although I'm sure it's more of a 50/50 thing for most fans, especially if they grew up with the toys... I have gotten more into that side of it with the Animated line, since many of them look really character accurate in both forms, which is great.

Well I do hate those non-transformable movie figures, as well as the little PVC ones... I just like the Revoltech because they're so poseable, and look like they're right out of the cartoon. The cartoon holds more nostalgia for me than the toys, when I was a kid my parents wouldn't shell out for Transformers really (I had like 2 Gobots, a rock monster, and my only official Transformer -- a Wheelie :blink: ).

So that's probably why I put much more stock in how they look posed than the transforming, although I'm sure it's more of a 50/50 thing for most fans, especially if they grew up with the toys... I have gotten more into that side of it with the Animated line, since many of them look really character accurate in both forms, which is great.

I'm in a similar boat--all my love for TFs comes from 80s nostalgia (though I only had a handful back then myself), and I actually really like how Revoltech Starscream looks, particularly. In fact, I have bought various MP, Alt, and Classics figures almost exclusively because they resemble G1 'Formers when they are in bot mode.

But I just. . .can't. . .do it with these Revoltechs. He is, by definition, a "transformer." He must transform. Otherwise, what the hell is he? Just a stinkin' robot :(

Edited by karamazov80

Awesome new Transformers Animated review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf7aV4AfMEg...les-review.html

LIMITED EDITION!! I hope you Animated fans can get a hold of these. If I see one, I'll pick it up for a board member. . .though I want promises that no one will take it to eBay for a turn-around profit ;)

Anybody else looking foreward to "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen?"

I am but i'm probably in the minority of people who actually enjoyed the first film :P

On a separate note, my other two Animated Dinobots turned up yesterday...

Swoop is OK but Slag is awesome!!!

ANIMATEDSNARL.jpg

And yeah, i know that Hasbro didn't use the name Slag because of the meaning in the UK but as far as i'm concerned, he's Slag, end of story...

Edited by bruticus