UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

Yeah, I've been watching over the same period of time. Probably should have just pulled the trigger sooner. But already having a figure that is 85% the same or so makes it hard for me to accept unreasonable prices.

Definitely an Asian seller cartel going down.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even have the walmart so i was pissed to see the prices jump up like that. I was pissed enough to message one of the sellers as to why the hike and the response was that they had few in stock left.

Now I seriously regret selling off my TRU Grimlock 1-2 summers ago...before I really got back into transformers. I've been watching him on ebay too and it's ridiculous the TRU version goes for initial takara prices now. I hate to say it but when I get my display going I'll have to make due with FOC grimlock...maybe put in him in the back on a base or something.

Aye, my collection basically breaks down into two categories.

Those things that are Hot Rod

Those things that are WSTs

With the odd exception (reissue Soundwave) my entire TF collection fits into one or both of those headings. I have every legit WST (bar Cliffjumper) along with at least one of each new mold based KO along with many repaint KOs, Third party wise I'm just missing Sixshot and Astrotrain.

My Hot Rod collection covers pretty much every (transforming) figure of him (plus homages ie Excellion) bar the Masterpiece, which are stupidly expensive here.

Was eBaying prices, and I can't believe how much they went up, even for the underwhelming (in my opinion) U.S. Hot Rod. This might end up going for a decent price, in the UK, if you aren't interested in accessories:<br /><br />http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Masterpiece-Hasbro-Edition-RODIMUS-PRIME-HOT-ROD-only-Loose-/121072210185?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item1c30775109

A guy had one listed for $225 shipped. I offered $200, and he responded saying he could only sell it for $250+ after raising the price on the unsold figure, arguing that I must understand that his price includes shipping laugh.png

Who does these $50 paint jobs, TM2? I considered it myself for Starscream, but had trouble in the past with this as not everything comes off with a screwdriver. Then, I'm not sure any stickers exist for his detailing.

Edited by karamazov80

lol they are turning into a cartel over there. Awhile ago I put in an off for a JB-07 G1 devastator upgrade kit and the seller came back saying he could only sell for $1 less because he's already deeply discounted lol. I told him why bother to put the buy it now then if you aren't going to budge.

Thanks TM. Just saw this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/venom7/IMAG0550.jpg

Fan-freakin'tastic.

And I agree about the BIN with offers Web. If they aren't going to seriously take any offers, then I don't get it at all. Whatever.

Edited by karamazov80

he was in my store for $70 which I got him for and used a 20% off coupon thumbsup.gif . Online I know he was $75 for a long time, and I want to say he was $70 when first released but could be wrong.

Now using my extra TC to get a custom painted skywarp would be a good idea, but I keep hoping he's going to be released sometime soon.

I actually should have a SC on the way. Last month caught a deal on tfw2005 for MP-11 $185 shipped. Based on ebay prices I held my breath and jumped on it. hopefully he'll arrive in a few weeks.

@tenime I know you want to sell me that grimlock

Good deal there at this point. I just PM'd the guy TM2 referred me to earlier, and he's asking a bit more for a repaint than I'm willing to pay at this point (would essentially be paying the same as buying the official figure outright). A fair price for the work, but. . .the quest continues!

bummer. If I see anything I'll let you know. I really can't believe how this guy's asking price skyrocketed over the last 2 months. They are even jacking up that sunstorm repaint. here's a us seller on ebay that's right at 200 for now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Takara-MP-11-Starscream-Masterpiece-/330881687499?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4d0a15dfcb