UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

Does anyone have a Soundwave Transformers toy availiable for sale? Or, at the least, know where I can get one? The more I look at him the more I want! Even with the invention of CD players, and CD Walkmans, I think the idea of a Transformer that can turn into a cassette player with a cassette (and headphones? :huh: ) is SOOO cool! I've got to have one. PM me or post here, I don't care. I kinda apologize for this, my brink-of-OCD nature is showing up in a big way. :) Here's a visual aide:

post-353-1167267985_thumb.jpg

post-353-1167267997_thumb.jpg

post-353-1167268004_thumb.jpg

post-353-1167268014_thumb.jpg

post-353-1167268023_thumb.jpg

post-353-1167268031_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alpheon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soundwave was cool as hell! If I recall correctly, there was a jive-talkin' red & yellow Autobot boombox too. His name is escaping me though...

Unfortunately to get an original (or even that TRU reissue) you'll probably have to resort to eBay or the flea markets. Good luck! That's a good choice for an old toy to obsess over!

The TRU reissue is a little retooled Its more based on the soundblaster mold which holds 2 tapes instead of one, the original soundblaster is black... but the TRU one will be blue

Takara Reissued Soundwave & Soundblaster a couple years ago they are pretty cool

The also released Blaster and Twincast (Blaster Red autobot boombox, Twincast Same thing except blue)

If you need pics let me know that was my obsession prior to the minimates :)

They actually are making a couple new tapes for soundwave too... should be coming out in a couple months but the tapes have these funky colors like white and pink.. They did a pack called the Cobalt Sentry last year Had a dark blue Ravage and lazorbeak... pretty nice set and that one is kinda pricey now too

Thanks, Modefan. Wow. Those look even better out of the box. But the question remains: does anyone know WHERE I can find them? ;) And, dare I ask? How much will they set me back? :(

The other thing is, those look Japanese. The Soundwave Re-Issue one I saw had the same kind of comemmorative box (red, very red) that the other TRU ones do.

Two more queries: do any of them actually come with fake headphones? I remember reading that somewhere, and now I don't remember where. Also, what's the diff between the above ^ Soundwaves?

Call me Agent Inquiry... :P Sorry if I'm annoying any of you with my incredible obsessiveness or inquiring nature. I don't mean to. :mellow: *

*edited

Well I ordered mine from bigbadtoystore.com, They were japanese release but I like getting those just because of the fact that usually they are an exact duplicate of the original

The blaster will prob set you back about $40 That version of soundwave and soundblaster would set you back prob $100 each

If you go with the toys r us reissue, the packaging looks more like there new "classics" line they are not doing it in the purple/red box they were using when they were doing reissues

I have 2 on order with toys r us, If I get them and you dont have one at that time I can sell you one at cost plus shipping

Called three TRUs. All out of stock. Oy.

Yeah, Modefan, thanks for the offer. As for Soundwave, I'll definitely go with the TRU reissues. Being exactly the same as the original is not an issue for me, unless the reissue is missing something altogether. Soundblaster... I don't THINK so!! $100? No way. He's not even an alternate character, right? Just a repaint with a Japanese translated name. Maybe one TRU Soundwave and a Blaster if I can find it. B) What about Twincast?

P.S. Thanks you guys for your rapid response and nicely supplied help. I really do appreciate it grandly. :D

Thanks, Modefan!! God in Heaven...I MUST HAVE THOSE!! :D But the question remains: does anyone know WHERE I can find them? ;) And, dare I ask? How much will they set me back? :(

The other thing is, those look Japanese. The Soundwave Re-Issue one I saw had the same kind of comemmorative box (red, very red) that the other TRU ones do.

Two more queries: do any of them actually come with fake headphones? I remember reading that somewhere, and now I don't remember where. Also, what's the diff between the above ^ Soundwaves?

Call me Agent Inquiry!! :P Sorry if I'm annoying any of you with my incredible obsessiveness or inquiring nature. I don't mean to. :mellow:

Ok first question, no headphones with any of them, I think headphones were released with the diaclone version back in the 80s but thats it

second question differences between the 2

ok The first one is soundwave single tape drawer so he only can hold 1 tape in his chest he is a dark blue color now in the cartoon I believe him and blaster had a fight where they were both were left really banged up, so his tapes had him rebuilt and thats where we get soundblaster... same look but all black, and holds 2 tapes instead of 1

Thanks, Modefan!! God in Heaven...I MUST HAVE THOSE!! :D But the question remains: does anyone know WHERE I can find them? ;) And, dare I ask? How much will they set me back? :(

Call me Agent Inquiry!! :P Sorry if I'm annoying any of you with my incredible obsessiveness or inquiring nature. I don't mean to. :mellow:

Ok first question, no headphones with any of them, I think headphones were released with the diaclone version back in the 80s but thats it

second question differences between the 2

ok The first one is soundwave single tape drawer so he only can hold 1 tape in his chest he is a dark blue color now in the cartoon I believe him and blaster had a fight where they were both were left really banged up, so his tapes had him rebuilt and thats where we get soundblaster... same look but all black, and holds 2 tapes instead of 1

Bingo. Got it all the way around. Although the "Classics" Soundwave will have Soundblaster's door, allowing him to hold Ravage and Lazerbeak at the same time.

Alph, Calm down. Seriously man, you're going to get a heart attack. My advice to you is to wait on Soundwave. he'll be out in a few months. If you want Blaster and/or Twincast, check Stuckakid and Big Bad Toy Store. Start there and work your way out to other stores. If worse comes to worse, try Ebay and the TF boards.

Seriously, I step out of here for a few hours and a transfan comes wondering in more lost than a man on the moon.

Alph, Calm down. Seriously man, you're going to get a heart attack. My advice to you is to wait on Soundwave. he'll be out in a few months. If you want Blaster and/or Twincast, check Stuckakid and Big Bad Toy Store. Start there and work your way out to other stores. If worse comes to worse, try Ebay and the TF boards.

Seriously, I step out of here for a few hours and a transfan comes wondering in more lost than a man on the moon.

Understood, sir. Sorry, I really didn't mean to sound that insane and/or excited. I sort of was, but not as much as it came across in the posts. Whew. Deep breath taken, now I am going to bed. Again, thank you for your support and help, I am extremely sorry if I alienated any of you with my esctacy. Good night. :mellow::)

Understood, sir. Sorry, I really didn't mean to sound that insane and/or excited. I sort of was, but not as much as it came across in the posts. Whew. Deep breath taken, now I am going to bed. Again, thank you for your support and help, I am extremely sorry if I alienated any of you with my esctacy. Good night. :mellow::)

Heh, okay. I was afraid I'd have to get the tranq gun. :P If you've got any questions, feel free to ask. I'm kinda the resident transformers fan.

Me miss me soundwave :(

I can't believe I didn't save all my TF, especially all the tapes! :angry: they were plastic crack back then. :P

Heh, some guys got out, and I'm just getting in. I want that Soundwave. Also, anyone know if that huge Primus is any good? He looked cool.

I read on a Transformers Message Board, that TRU was cancelling people's pre-orders. That would suck if it wasn't coming out in the States.

I just bought one of those off eBay for $70 shipped. If anyone wants, I'll post pics when (if*) I get it.

*I got ripped off $9 for a Family Guy figure that I never received, and the guy disappeared from eBay and PayPal. I tried opening a dispute with PP, but if he got rid of his e-mail address, I don't know what they'll do about it. Some people need a giant robot that also turns into a semi-truck cab to step on them.

My older brother got his order for the re-issue Soundwave cancelled. And my g/f hasn't seen anything about Soundwave hitting the store. I'm getting kinda worried. :huh:

My order is still open :::crosses fingers:::: I did get a couple emails letting me know that the items are backordered so there is still hope

With past reissues in the US they have made many and some become shelf warmers I dont think there will be a problem getting one once they actually ship

Got it in the mail today!! (Don't ask me, I have no idea why the US Postal Service delivered this on a Sunday, and New Year's Eve, no less...) He is soooo cool!!

Peekchewers!!

Box - Front

Box - Opened

Box - Back

Instructions

Soundwave - Boombox (Empty)

Soundwave - Boombox (with Laserbeak and Ravage)

Soundwave - Robot (still with both cassettes inside)

Ravage & Laserbeak - Cassettes (in their cases)

Ravage - Panther (with missiles)

Laserbeak - Bird (with guns)

Happy New Year, everybody!!