UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

Essentially he's an official "Faith Leader".

I had to google that. He's taller than the igear PPP-01 though right? I just checked ebay and can't believe how much that faith leader is. sigh. My masterpiece Optimus and grimlock are lonely and need Rodimus!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faith Leader is just a scaled down MP-01, though, and this is pretty dramatically different from that. Plus, Faith Leader is an unlicensed knock-off, though that may or may not bother you.

Faith Leader is just a scaled down MP-01, though, and this is pretty dramatically different from that. Plus, Faith Leader is an unlicensed knock-off, though that may or may not bother you.

I read a review on it and saw that it's scaled down to work with Generations/Universe figures. I think $100+ is too much for that size. Does the MP-01 really tower that much over Rodimus? I don't see/understand why they would do another Prime but slightly smaller than the first.

Yes, the MP-01 is quite large compared to the other MP figures. I don't have Rodimus, but this is how he and Megs look in comparison to some of the Alt. figures and MP Starscream and Grimlock (which are close to Rodimus scale, from my understanding):

SDC12671.jpg

They tower over them.

Edited by karamazov80

i'm ok with them being taller than starscream but not that much bigger than Grimlock. So maybe the MP-10 downsize is a good thing if it makes Grimlock look larger. Right now I only have the masterpiece Optimus, Grimlock and Skywarp. I'm still kicking myself for passing over the starscream back when it was originally at walmart. If Jazz and Prowl were a couple inches larger it would be perfect.

I found this pic of the Faith leader figure amongst others. Not bad for scale.

post-41-0-63230200-1305127402_thumb.jpg

Edited by Webhead

I actually like the scale of the Alt figures being a bit smaller than Starscream/Grimlock/Optimus, because they're just cars and should therefore be smaller than a jet, T-Rex, or Mac truck. The Classics figures in the pic you are showing are a bit smaller than the Alts (that are in my picture), and the Alts would appear closer in size to the Faith Leader.

Edited by karamazov80

he looks good with Grimlock there though a bit smaller than starcream. Can you take a pic with MP01 in there? Also if you don't mind how much did you snag him for?

I picked him up for $100 shipped from a boardie elsewhere, though he's missing the gun that fits in the Classic Prime's hand. TFSource has him for $110ish plus tax I believe, though if you go that route, you'll want to pay with Paypal since they've had credit card security issues. Here's a comparison pic with the MP figure I found via google:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/5afa958ae2.jpg

I really dig this guy, the more I look at/pose him. But then, this is probably my favorite Transformers mold ever.

Edited by karamazov80

Wow that's a huge difference in size. I may need to sell my MP01 and downsize to this one.

Finally picked up my RTS "Battle In Space" 2-Pack to add another Hot Rod/Rodimus to my collection (yes Im one of those people who only collect one character and even then only when I remember). Have to say its a fantastic fantastic figure, despite been the same mold as the Classics Rodimus its just fantastic.

Finally picked up my RTS "Battle In Space" 2-Pack to add another Hot Rod/Rodimus to my collection (yes Im one of those people who only collect one character and even then only when I remember). Have to say its a fantastic fantastic figure, despite been the same mold as the Classics Rodimus its just fantastic.

Good to know. I've been eyeing that set for awhile now. Hoping it's gonna go on clearance at Walmart.

Get the Protector set. It's amazing, and it helps you justify 2 of them when you have a Rodimus Prime sitting there.

I'd heard mixed things about the Protector set, that and getting it in this country is a nightmare, I might keep my eye out for one though.

Bigger priority for me at present though is an old TargetMaster HotRod, I have ye olde Chrome feet/twin guns one but have had a git of a time picking up a plastic feet/TargetMaster version for some reason :/

Is there a decent archive of instructions anywhere? I dug through an old box the other day and found my "slightly bigger than WST" Devastator and some kind of Autobot gestalt made from Japanese trains, and for the life of me I can't sodding work out how to combine them sanely (The trains not Devastator), even a name would help!

EDIT: Sixtrain/Reideen. Seems somehow I have the 2002 Takara Blindbox versions.... weird. Still no instructions though!

Get the Protector set. It's amazing, and it helps you justify 2 of them when you have a Rodimus Prime sitting there.

Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FPJ10016&mode=retail&picture=out

is anyone part of the collectors club? I saw this at another board and i am interested in seeing whats what

252340_217031928321957_100000454550894_756093_6502661_n.jpg

This month's issue features an interview with the Transformers brand team in which they reveal the two SDCC exclusives for 2011, including pictures, as well as providing the following info for TCC members: "The San Diego Comic Con exclusive Matrix Prime will of course come in the premium Matrix of Leadership packaging which you will be able to wear and hang your new figure on your chest. This will be the first Transformers Prime Figure released in anticipation to the upcoming releases in December with Transformers Prime First Edition.

The San Diego Comic Con exclusive Ultimate Optimus Prime is packed out in premium packaging which will help to show off the super cool (and large) truck mode with trailer. A decal sheet has been added in this version which will allows fans to add decals and customize trailer. This will be the ONLY version released of Optimus Prime packed out in Truck and Trailer mode in this Limited Edition Package."

Issue 39 is shipping to club members now!

I would also buy the mini figures separately. . .but I'm not willing to pay what they're asking for those weird block constructed eyesores just for the little figures.