UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Legion project

Polarboy

I have started on a big project for myself, The Legion of Superheroes! the greatest DC team ever!

Anyway I imagine if I do get this finished it will take me forever and who knows maybe I can get suggestions and help as I go along (and possible give up after three figures).
Here is where I'm at thus far.

012.jpg

Good luck! I've actually made most of the Legion, though I don't think I ever showed them. I do have decals and stuff I can share, and I do think at least a few of them are still up at the old Minimate Factory, and might even be in the old decal thread. They are almost all from the early 80's pre-Crisis comics. So yeah, hit me up if you have any questions or anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for that Hellpop,

Ok I have finished my first custom (Yeah I can be as slow as a wet week when it suits me) I give to you Spider Girl!

007.jpg

She was basically my backup entry for the recent bad guy customising contest but she came together before what I thought was going to be my entry so here she is. She is far from perfect so I may revist and try to improve her at some point, but at the moment Im enjoying her on my shelf.

File-Card-Spider-Girl.jpg

For Mon-El, I used M.Bison as my base, with the chest, cape (trimming off the shoulder pads), and skirt all being pretty spot-on IMHO. Use Mar-Vel's legs for nice blue boots.

For Brainy, there are several purple chestblocks with nice detail, mostly from the Green Goblin, that are pretty easy to match with arms and legs. And he needs his force field belt; I used one from an old C3 Batman, can't remember which, but there are a bunch that work well.

I really like your Spider Girl by the way! I had not thought about making her with the Medusa hair, but it works perfectly. I'm gonna steal that!

• 3 weeks later...

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the third strongest person in the universe (some of the time) Night Girl

Night-Girl.jpg

Night-Girl-02.jpg

Night-Girl-03.jpg

As is their want to do, the legion rejected Lydaa because her powers only worked in deep shadow or darkness. If only they had a team member who had the power to cast shadow. Crazy kids.

File-Card-Night-Girl.jpg

Anyway if anybody can help it turns out it's pretty hard to make 3 identical figs from your parts bin (go figure) so if anybody has the Jean Grey hair piece from wave 59 (non powered version) colour doesn't matter if its been used elsewhere and one of the ladies heads from the Buck Rodgers box set it would be greatly appreciated. I have paypal to pay ya.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is what was going to be my entry originally for the villain contest a while back, I give you one time Legionnaire full time turd Nemesis Kid.

Nemisis-Kid.jpg

I also have a little bit of a Legion of Super Villains thing going.

Nemisis-Kid-02.jpg

File-Card-Nemesis-Kid.jpg

As this project chugs along at a glacial pace, I realise I haven't actually made any proper Legionaries yet (even though technically all three so far were in the Legion at one point or another) so I'm thinking next custom should be a founder.

Edited by Polarboy