UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

40th Anniversary of Dark Phoenix

thereasonsy

As a big sucker for nostalgia waves I would do a wave that semi honours this release and since we just got the Giant Sized team and it's also the anniversary of Proteus I would honor both with:

Slide48.JPG

I'd have a build a figure Lilandra with the below pairings:

Dark Phoenix with Gladiator

Corsair with Warstar

Fang Wolverine (a head for real fang and a chest block for Laura ) with Original Multiple Man

Chod with Proteus.

Being that the next year is DOFP's 40th I would hope before then for another line to fill in more gaps.

I could see this box set happening and it disappointing almost everyone.

A Dark Phoenix, a Byrne Cyclops, A Lliandra, and probably a Wolverine (maybe as fang, but probably not).  Hopes and dreams for the Starjammers, the Imperial Guard, and the rest would be dashed quickly and mercilessly.

Personally, I can do without even if my Dark Phoenix is looking a little long in the tooth.

11 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I doubt we see anything, but The Dark Phoenix Saga is my all-time favourite story in comics, so I'd love a wave for it.

Plus, Dark Phoenix really needs a redo.

Well, one key takeaway I got from the panel at NYCC was that they were focusing on going where no one else is.  Hopefully the bad taste of Dark Phoenix the movie means that Collect DST will support the original.

6 hours ago, funkguerilla said:

I could see this box set happening and it disappointing almost everyone.

A Dark Phoenix, a Byrne Cyclops, A Lliandra, and probably a Wolverine (maybe as fang, but probably not).  Hopes and dreams for the Starjammers, the Imperial Guard, and the rest would be dashed quickly and mercilessly.

Personally, I can do without even if my Dark Phoenix is looking a little long in the tooth.

I actually would be disappointed with that box set as we already got a Byrne Cyclops. As for Wolverine as Fang - we have seen him in toy form before but we did get this: s-l300.jpg

After all Cockrum had intended for Logan to keep the Fang costume.

5 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

I’d like a new Dark Phoenix since the old one looks... like hot garbage honestly. 
I have no desire for any of the X-Men cosmic stuff. 

Change the face and the hair and she is less garbage. I went with a Starfire Hair piece and then the Teen Jean Glowing one.

3 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Wait, was Fang in Dark Phoenix? I thought that costume switch happened much earlier.

Fang first appeared in (Uncanny) X-Men 107 and was part of the saga of the Phoenix over all as he was part of the forces that fought during the M'kraan Crystal debacle that showed off the Phoenix's ability. He wasn't on panel for the fight on the moon (allegedly Byrne hated the character) but from a back story perspective it was because he joined forces with Deathbird. My intent in selection was honouring the whole Phoenix storyline 101-137 as it's all turning 40 and also the Toybiz line.

Yeah, as far as I remember Fang Wolverine (and the Starjammers) are only in "The Phoenix Saga", which was more the setup for Dark Phoenix than part of it.

10 hours ago, DSTZach said:

that would be pretty cool...

?

This sounds promising. There's a lot I'd like to see from this story, but I'd be happy just to get a new Dark Phoenix.

If we got a series dedicated to the DARK PHOENIX story, it would be populated with Hellfire Club members, rather than Shi'ar aliens. Something I know that more than a few of us wouldn't be opposed to. That said, I propose that this anniversary pulls DOUBLE DUTY and we get two waves out of it. One for the Phoenix proper and one for Dark Phoenix. 

Wave 1: The Phoenix Saga

The Phoenix / Lilandra

Gladiator / Wolverine as Fang

The Juggernaut / Black Tom Cassidy 

BaF: Erik the Red

Wave 2: The Dark Phoenix Saga

Dark Phoenix / Battle-Damaged Cyclops

Battle-Damaged Wolverine / Hellfire Club Goon (opening the doors for a similar Luke exclusive akin to Multiple Man)

Sebastian Shaw / White Queen

BaF: Jason Wyngarde