UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Galactus

Swarm198

I know there's a compatibility thread, but it seems a little dead. I'm just going to post this here and mods can remove if its inappropriate. Just trying to be helpful. Anyway...

I think this new 6 in. Galactus Funko Pop will serve as an awesome stand-in for a minimate Galactus with Fantastic Four minimates. I pulled my Funko Pop Thanos (since he's a bigger Pop) out of storage and set him up against some minimates to check out how they scaled, and I think it'll be really cool looking once Galactus is released. I'll put the link for the Galactus below. What do you guys think?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/103569

Ya mostly monsters and animals. A lot of them like Would work with slightly smaller heads. 

Ones i I have that seem to fit are

Jabba the Hut, Wampa,

Stranger Things monsters 

Chairy from Pee Wee Herman Show

Giants from Game of Thrones. I have the zombie one. Dragons too

and also the Superman statue from BVS

I am not completely immune to buying stuff that other people might consider 'shite' so please don't take offence when I say (politely & reservedly) that I am not fond of Funko Pops . I realise that many many other folks must like them  their longevity & range of licenses is incredible .

I have been tempted on a couple of 'themes' notably the X-Files ( I was an almost complete 'completist' on that merchandise) & I've recently been tempted on their Dalek items . I also nearly fell for the Royal Family Funkos but I am still totally disgusted that their heads are not removable .

Anyway the title of this thread is 'Galactus' so forgive me if I move on from Funkos & onto a compatible Galactus for Minimates .Folklore  made the The Max Minimate version of Galactus 'iconic' ,as an owner I can only add that it is only iconic if left in its polystyrene packaging..........once removed it will break . Fantastic Four #234 famously portrays Galactus falling .......he gets up 'intact' ...........your Minimate Max will definitely not be so lucky . Before typing this I checked out 'Galactus Minimate Max' on US ebay ....I see 2, one is $300 with is packaged & unopened whilst the other is loose.....& broken  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Fantastic-Four-Minimates-Lot-Galactus-Max-Silver-Surfer/153663866615?hash=item23c71486f7:g:sv0AAOSwk~VdkNJ9.   I was not staggered in my findings:no:

Anyway ...after years of procrastination I recently bought myself an immaculate Marvel Legends BAF from UK ebay . 

Was I pleased ? I'll just say this ......when I place this Galactus alongside any group of Minimates I smile :) 

He's not cheap($120 ish)  & you have to be a bit discerning when you buy him 'cause the nature of a BAF is that the 'bits' might originally have come from all over the place & the paint may be scratched etc. ........not a big issue but one to be aware of.

buttheadsmate's 'Heads up' tip #123 :     Never buy a seemingly easy-to-complete, incomplete BAF Galactus because IMHO completing him will cost you more than an arm & a leg....... even second-hand:thumbsup:    

tip # 124 :   Always buy a 'reasonably priced' Marvel Legends Galactus BAF RIGHT Leg when you see one on ebay .

tip # 125:   Beware of 

Spoiler

Bootleggers

Edited by buttheadsmate
sp.

On 10/6/2019 at 5:50 AM, buttheadsmate said:

Anyway ...after years of procrastination I recently bought myself an immaculate Marvel Legends BAF from UK ebay . 

Was I pleased ? I'll just say this ......when I place this Galactus alongside any group of Minimates I smile :) 

Same here. Until DST manages to get the Marvel license for Vinimates (or deigns to offer a Minimates-styled Galactus in their Select line), that version's my stand-in.

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Same here. Until DST manages to get the Marvel license for Vinimates (or deigns to offer a Minimates-styled Galactus in their Select line), that version's my stand-in.

Things I don’t get. 1. Why they don’t rerelease the statue versions. 2 why they don’t make them in PVC format. 3. Why they don’t just make it as a piggy bank or what not. Or maybe I am over estimating demand given that the original figure sells for hundreds of dollars.

1) Despite current going rates, the original Minimates Max polystone statues sold very poorly.  They never released wave 2 due to sales and lack of interest.  Before they went up in value they were clearenced out at a lot of places.

2) DST doesn't have the Marvel vinyl license (Vinimates scale) and doesn't have confidence that the Gallery scale statues in Minimates style would sell through.  Remember, we can't even get 2" Marvel Minimates convention exclusives anymore, so they aren't going to take any risks on $40+ vinyl statues of Minimates.

3) DST doesn't have the Marvel bank license, that's Monogram.

UK ebay has always been something of a graveyard for older minimates & there has been a listing for both MAX figures for many many months , I wont say that the price is cheap but I would say that I haven't seen anything 'as cheap' anywhere else . I am not the owner nor do I know the owner but I feel that an 'offer' would secure these if anyone wants them......I would organise any shipping to the US if the seller were unwilling to send to the US . 

I would also be very happy to save shipping costs & bring them as hand-luggage on any US-bound flight from the UK :thumbsup:

On 10/6/2019 at 10:50 AM, buttheadsmate said:

I am not completely immune to buying stuff that other people might consider 'shite' so please don't take offence when I say (politely & reservedly) that I am not fond of Funko Pops . I realise that many many other folks must like them  their longevity & range of licenses is incredible .

I have been tempted on a couple of 'themes' notably the X-Files ( I was an almost complete 'completist' on that merchandise) & I've recently been tempted on their Dalek items . I also nearly fell for the Royal Family Funkos but I am still totally disgusted that their heads are not removable .

Anyway the title of this thread is 'Galactus' so forgive me if I move on from Funkos & onto a compatible Galactus for Minimates .Folklore  made the The Max Minimate version of Galactus 'iconic' ,as an owner I can only add that it is only iconic if left in its polystyrene packaging..........once removed it will break . Fantastic Four #234 famously portrays Galactus falling .......he gets up 'intact' ...........your Minimate Max will definitely not be so lucky . Before typing this I checked out 'Galactus Minimate Max' on US ebay ....I see 2, one is $300 with is packaged & unopened whilst the other is loose.....& broken  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Fantastic-Four-Minimates-Lot-Galactus-Max-Silver-Surfer/153663866615?hash=item23c71486f7:g:sv0AAOSwk~VdkNJ9.   I was not staggered in my findings:no:

He's not cheap($120 ish)  & you have to be a bit discerning when you buy him 'cause the nature of a BAF is that the 'bits' might originally have come from all over the place & the paint may be scratched etc. ........not a big issue but one to be aware of.

buttheadsmate's 'Heads up' tip #123 :     Never buy a seemingly easy-to-complete, incomplete BAF Galactus because IMHO completing him will cost you more than an arm & a leg....... even second-hand:thumbsup:    

tip # 124 :   Always buy a 'reasonably priced' Marvel Legends Galactus BAF RIGHT Leg when you see one on ebay .

tip # 125:   Beware of 

Reveal hidden contents

Bootleggers

The Marvel Universe 3 and 3/4 line has an even BIGGER Galactus... (that's it on the left with pitiful little ML on the right)

Image result for marvel universe marvel legends galactus

Image result for marvel universe galactus

There was also a darker colour scheme variant for miserable people who think Galactus is too colourful

Image result for marvel universe variant galactus

Edited by AFMcGill