UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
elhonez

Wave 80 for Marvel's 80th? Anyone? Anyone?

So we are looking at 2 waves a year at specialty accounting for a 6 month +/- window between solicitation and release.

What happened to the boxsets that used to help fill in the gaps between releases?  I thought retailers preferred those because they don't have to order by the case?  The last comic themed boxset we got was the X-Men Brotherhood set in 2017.

We still need those Warriors Three and Wrecking Crew boxsets.

Edited by youbastards

I don't think that's anything new. It might be a shorter window than six months, I'd have to check the last few waves. I think recent box set sales have made us doubt their sellable nature. 

But we also have Walgreens putting out 3-4 Animated and movie waves per year, and many of those are comic-compatible.

16 hours ago, DSTZach said:

But we also have Walgreens putting out 3-4 Animated and movie waves per year, and many of those are comic-compatible.

Still pretty much prefer the official comics than comic-compatible! Box sets are good to get not-so popular characters out there, kinda like the BAF characters we get now, those that needs to be made vs popularity

On 1/18/2020 at 9:58 PM, youbastards said:

We still need those Warriors Three and Wrecking Crew boxsets

Don't forget a Starjammers boxset!

Hmm. Not sure what other hints I can give, I believe two series will be at NYTF next Saturday.

Maybe we can start playing hangman for the next week. Players ask for a letter and at the end of the day whichever letter is requested most gets revealed, if it's there. One letter a day until Toy Fair.

Go.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

_ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ 

_ _ _ _ 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _

Can I get an A?

2 hours ago, Dave said:

a pirate on wheel of fortune, "I'd like to buy an I."

Eye see what you did there.

I thought RSTLNE was supposed to be given :3

8 hours ago, HaoMate said:

I thought RSTLNE was supposed to be given :3

Wheel of fortune rules, dude

Ghost, Stealth Ironman, spider woman, constrictor, deathlok all shown. I've only seen one Pic so far, can't tell who is behind Ironman. Ghost looks incredible! 

I'm amazed at how great ghost looks. A sculpted mask for such a minor character is awesome 

Deathlok is arguably the most important Marvel character yet to be made, and Constrictor is one of my personal all-time favorites. Super excited to get both. This wave looks like a big win so far. 

34 minutes ago, hellpop said:

Deathlok is arguably the most important Marvel character yet to be made, and Constrictor is one of my personal all-time favorites. Super excited to get both. This wave looks like a big win so far. 

I will humbly disagree on the most important character yet to be made but do agree this wave seems great so far.

I'm a fossil when it comes to social media stuff I avoid it like the plague. So They only pic I can see is the Stealth IM and Ghost one, both look real nice and the IM is a real shout-back to the early waves of Minimates. So much so for me I thought it was the wave 6 one on first sight and those images where just place holders for later reveals.

3 minutes ago, MiniFiend UK said:

I'm a fossil when it comes to social media stuff I avoid it like the plague. So They only pic I can see is the Stealth IM and Ghost one, both look real nice and the IM is a real shout-back to the early waves of Minimates. So much so for me I thought it was the wave 6 one on first sight and those images where just place holders for later reveals.

I could swear I wrote that ?:thumbsup:

Just now, buttheadsmate said:

I could swear I wrote that ?:thumbsup:

Great minds think alike (fools seldom differ)👍