UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
elhonez

Wave 80 for Marvel's 80th? Anyone? Anyone?

Recommended Posts

So we are looking at 2 waves a year at specialty accounting for a 6 month +/- window between solicitation and release.

What happened to the boxsets that used to help fill in the gaps between releases?  I thought retailers preferred those because they don't have to order by the case?  The last comic themed boxset we got was the X-Men Brotherhood set in 2017.

We still need those Warriors Three and Wrecking Crew boxsets.

Edited by youbastards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that's anything new. It might be a shorter window than six months, I'd have to check the last few waves. I think recent box set sales have made us doubt their sellable nature. 

But we also have Walgreens putting out 3-4 Animated and movie waves per year, and many of those are comic-compatible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 hours ago, DSTZach said:

But we also have Walgreens putting out 3-4 Animated and movie waves per year, and many of those are comic-compatible.

Still pretty much prefer the official comics than comic-compatible! Box sets are good to get not-so popular characters out there, kinda like the BAF characters we get now, those that needs to be made vs popularity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2020 at 9:58 PM, youbastards said:

We still need those Warriors Three and Wrecking Crew boxsets

Don't forget a Starjammers boxset!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. Not sure what other hints I can give, I believe two series will be at NYTF next Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we can start playing hangman for the next week. Players ask for a letter and at the end of the day whichever letter is requested most gets revealed, if it's there. One letter a day until Toy Fair.

Go.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

_ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ 

_ _ _ _ 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _

Can I get an A?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dave said:

a pirate on wheel of fortune, "I'd like to buy an I."

 

Eye see what you did there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought RSTLNE was supposed to be given :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HaoMate said:

I thought RSTLNE was supposed to be given :3

Wheel of fortune rules, dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ghost, Stealth Ironman, spider woman, constrictor, deathlok all shown. I've only seen one Pic so far, can't tell who is behind Ironman. Ghost looks incredible! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm amazed at how great ghost looks. A sculpted mask for such a minor character is awesome 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deathlok is arguably the most important Marvel character yet to be made, and Constrictor is one of my personal all-time favorites. Super excited to get both. This wave looks like a big win so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, hellpop said:

Deathlok is arguably the most important Marvel character yet to be made, and Constrictor is one of my personal all-time favorites. Super excited to get both. This wave looks like a big win so far. 

I will humbly disagree on the most important character yet to be made but do agree this wave seems great so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a fossil when it comes to social media stuff I avoid it like the plague. So They only pic I can see is the Stealth IM and Ghost one, both look real nice and the IM is a real shout-back to the early waves of Minimates. So much so for me I thought it was the wave 6 one on first sight and those images where just place holders for later reveals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MiniFiend UK said:

I'm a fossil when it comes to social media stuff I avoid it like the plague. So They only pic I can see is the Stealth IM and Ghost one, both look real nice and the IM is a real shout-back to the early waves of Minimates. So much so for me I thought it was the wave 6 one on first sight and those images where just place holders for later reveals.

I could swear I wrote that ?:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, buttheadsmate said:

I could swear I wrote that ?:thumbsup:

Great minds think alike (fools seldom differ)👍

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...