UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 80 for Marvel's 80th? Anyone? Anyone?

elhonez

15 hours ago, youbastards said:

Yeah, those days of obscure characters/costume variations are gone. 

Or maybe not, by the time these actually get released, Spider-Woman's costume could be considered an obscure variation.

I mean, you say that, but the next wave has Constrictor in it and the one after that has both Corsair and Lliandra.  They might not be the depths of say, Dr. Druid and Slapstick, but they're still pretty obscure.

Also, as a general sidenote, y'all is crazy.  I am so jonesing for Wave 80 more than any other wave lined up.  Here's hoping the future brings more of these general theme-d waves as opposed to the specific storyline stuff (which is also neat, but less exciting).

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, funkguerilla said:

I mean, you say that, but the next wave has Constrictor in it and the one after that has both Corsair and Lliandra.  They might not be the depths of say, Dr. Druid and Slapstick, but they're still pretty obscure.

Also, as a general sidenote, y'all is crazy.  I am so jonesing for Wave 80 more than any other wave lined up.  Here's hoping the future brings more of these general theme-d waves as opposed to the specific storyline stuff (which is also neat, but less exciting).

I do like the themes I am just half in for this wave and losing more interest the longer it takes to get it. I’m more X-Men and FF focused as a collector so I can’t wait to get to wave 81/82. I’d argue that Lilandra and Corsair aren’t exactly A list but they aren’t obscure given their popularity in the XTAS and all the speculation around their inclusion in the Dark Phoenix Movie. But then again I want a Crystal sooo.... I’m probably the wrong audience for choosing obscure. 

On 4/2/2021 at 8:09 PM, SCW said:

I need a Web-Man ASAP! The Marvel Legend looks great. Now get me a minimate!

Seconded, that was an instant pre-order for me.  I would also love to see the new Spidey suit that was just recently introduced in Amazing #61. 

• 4 weeks later...

There have been delays at the ports, with up to 30 container ships sitting off the coast of California waiting to be unloaded. I am seeing an arrival date of 6/16, which means that date to stores might be accurate. 

On 5/6/2021 at 9:57 PM, thereasonsy said:

Wait... they aren't coming until JULY? do we know why?

See post above. Warehouse processing and shipping to stores can take a couple weeks.

Edited by DSTZach

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...