UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 80 for Marvel's 80th? Anyone? Anyone?

elhonez

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

It feels like we've waited quite a while. Then again, these 'mates were revealed almost a year and a half ago. ?

Someone remind me; Are there alternate looks for these?

There are no alternate looks for these. Build-a-Sable is a mistake, hence no mention on the package. But enjoy!

Was the cessation of BAFs a contractually motivated (i.e. no longer allowed by the licensor)? Or was it a business decision?

The last happy accident like this that I recall was ToyBiz Marvel Legends using the verboten design for the Howard the Duck pack-in with the Series 5 Silver Surfer figure.

Damn - that *is* a nice surprise. 
I cry at the thought of what other BAFs were planned before they got the chop. Would love to have seen a Deathbird or a Raza in the Phoenix Saga wave.

12 hours ago, Psyguy said:

. Did Bobbi get a different hairpiece to the promo art? Looks like movie Carol’s hairpiece.  

You know it really does look like it was changed. But as someone with little connection to the character and does action shots with minimates, that captain marvel hair is way better for posing