UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 80 for Marvel's 80th? Anyone? Anyone?

elhonez

On 12/12/2020 at 7:08 AM, buttheadsmate said:

....I have never really beaten off my adoration of the daleks ...

had to read this twice as the first time i got a very strange take on it Lol

maybe its just that bastardized english them Brits use sounding odd to the American ear

Edited by Mattallica

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

I think the worst part about it is how lackluster a wave this is for me. 
All I see when I look at 80 is an obstacle between me and the incredible looking 81/82. 

That being said I’ll probably get Ghost. 

Ghost looks great. I'm a sucker for any new/updated Iron Man armor. 616 Mockingbird is now off my customs list and Deathlok is off my wishlist. (I'd still love Agents fo SHIELD versions, though.) The Spider-Woman update is cool enough for me and Constrictor tugs at my nostalgia strings.

Series 81 is a bit lackluster for me since I'm not a huge fan of X-Men but the FF designs in 82 look awesome.

I'm just happy to see new 'mates!

KDVMAfL.jpg

I’m feeling this one, for sure. Though, I’m still bummed over Silver Sable getting cut.

Zach, I don’t suppose you know if there’s any plan to find a spot for her in a different wave somewhere down the line...? I might be alone on this one but I’ve been wanting an update of her for a while now

By the time this wave releases, it will have been almost a year since the previous wave. Anyone else feel like minimates is the only line that had an enormous delay due to COVID?

Hasbro has been snatching up all my retail therapy bucks during lockdown. I feel like DST really dropped the ball on this one.

It isn't as if there hasn't been any merch as well. We got the Guardians and then Black Widow and another wave Walgreens in addition to Cap Falcon wave. Not great but not exactly like we were left completely hanging.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm seeing May. But probably late May.

On 3/2/2021 at 3:31 PM, Swarm198 said:

By the time this wave releases, it will have been almost a year since the previous wave. Anyone else feel like minimates is the only line that had an enormous delay due to COVID?

Hasbro has been snatching up all my retail therapy bucks during lockdown. I feel like DST really dropped the ball on this one.

Delay in Series 80 was NOT due to Covid. We shipped plenty of product. And plenty of Minimates to Walgreens. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Yeah, half of this assortment is loaded with must-haves for me. I love Iron Man but I'd prefer a new armor (although this is a chance for newbies to get one at retail).

Yeah.... the only Armor I want that I don’t *think* we have gotten is the Jim Lee Heroes Reborn one. I know we got Heroes Return but hey, that’s just me.

On 4/1/2021 at 5:59 PM, DSTZach said:

No Hydro Armor love? 

I'd love a Hydro Armor ironman. I remember that poll. I'd also love a spikey Thing/ lumpy or rock form Sharon Ventura Ms. Marvel! Hmmm maybe a transformable Ms. Marvel to Ms. Marvel Thing. 

2 hours ago, spidermatt said:

I'd love a Hydro Armor ironman. I remember that poll. I'd also love a spikey Thing/ lumpy or rock form Sharon Ventura Ms. Marvel! Hmmm maybe a transformable Ms. Marvel to Ms. Marvel Thing. 

Yeah, those days of obscure characters/costume variations are gone. 

Or maybe not, by the time these actually get released, Spider-Woman's costume could be considered an obscure variation.

1 minute ago, youbastards said:

Yeah, those days of obscure characters/costume variations are gone. 

Or maybe not, by the time these actually get released, Spider-Woman's costume could be considered an obscure variation.

Mocking Bird’s as well.

2 hours ago, spidermatt said:

I’m still surprised that there is no She-Thing, Vance Astro or American Dream. They just seem like low hanging fruit fit variations. And I seriously am iron man armored out.

5 hours ago, Heinous said:

American dream? Wasn't that a one or two issue thing? 

Nah, she was part of MC2 for years, had a limited series, but more importantly had merch and featured in games. You can still buy her costume for kids... granted that statement is problematic in and of itself. Shannon is the alternate reality daughter of Steve and Sharon.