UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 80 for Marvel's 80th? Anyone? Anyone?

elhonez

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I now wonder whether the picture of the Stealth Iron Man pre-production sample might have misled me in my interpretation of what may actually reach production.  The picture shows the corresponding Ghost pre-production figure being a painted clear transparent minimate .......I didn't say so earlier but I love this figure . What wasn't entirely obvious to me was that the Stealth pre-production figure may also be a painted clear transparent minimate . Now that may just be my interpretation of what I may want to see now but didn't see earlier . 'Stealth' has sometimes been translated (by DST) to 'blue translucent' & I'm now wondering if we might get something that incorporates blue translucent plastic. Who knows?

I think ghost is painted that way to show his powers. I would be cool if Ironman was a transparent navy blue though 

• 4 weeks later...

So excited to say I pre-ordered this wave just now.  While Ghost may be the "yeah... okay" figure in the set for me, it's a really cool wave.  Even though not classic, it'll be awesome to put Mockingbird up with the rest of my West Coast Avengers on my Epic Collection bookshelf.

Really liking this wave all-round. I do find it slightly amusing that we get this Spider Woman just as she changes to a new costume design in her new series. I like the new costume but i cant see it sticking (No spider pun intended)

swoman2020001_cov_new-design.jpg

21 hours ago, MiniFiend UK said:

Really liking this wave all-round. I do find it slightly amusing that we get this Spider Woman just as she changes to a new costume design in her new series. I like the new costume but i cant see it sticking (No spider pun intended)

swoman2020001_cov_new-design.jpg

My eyes are drawn to the 5 yellow triangles.

On 3/21/2020 at 2:58 PM, kidcage said:

So excited to say I pre-ordered this wave just now.  While Ghost may be the "yeah... okay" figure in the set for me, it's a really cool wave.  Even though not classic, it'll be awesome to put Mockingbird up with the rest of my West Coast Avengers on my Epic Collection bookshelf.

Swap out the legs for bare legs and its sorta close. I saw someone do that to the marvel legends version 

This is a really cool looking wave. I think Spider-Woman's modern design translates surprisingly well to Minimates.
Looking forward to some Deathlock/Cyber-Spidey team up pics!

9 hours ago, Nessex said:

This is a really cool looking wave. I think Spider-Woman's modern design translates surprisingly well to Minimates.
Looking forward to some Deathlock/Cyber-Spidey team up pics!

I think the Spider-Woman figure looks fantastic and her costume works better in minimate form than it does in the comic. The new costume is..., meh. I think it's all the grey. It looks more black in the preview pages, which I do think would work well as a minifigure (hint hint).

I think ol BHM is pulling our legs a bit an I can understand why. That image has to me certain palitoy quality's not saying more then that or we could end up down the rabbit hole that was Huge Hog Robin (damn that was a long time ago)

6 minutes ago, MiniFiend UK said:

I think ol BHM is pulling our legs a bit an I can understand why. That image has to me certain palitoy quality's not saying more then that or we could end up down the rabbit hole that was Huge Hog Robin (damn that was a long time ago)

I must have missed this whole thread...