UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 80 for Marvel's 80th? Anyone? Anyone?

elhonez

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Because there's no press at the DST booth today, and I don't know how focused on Minimates most of them will be, and because I like you guys, here's the rest of Series 80. No more BAF this series, sadly. If no pictures of 81 get out on Sunday I'll take some of that series as well. 

IMG_8698-e1582372263322.jpg

IMG_8696-e1582372240503.jpg

IMG_8697-e1582372252902.jpg

All three are definitely buys. Can we get a shot of Tony's head under the mask? 

Never really cared for this version of Jessica but constrictor looks great. Would have been great if his coils were removable so you can throw one from the sentinels on there to actually wrap around a figure 

Never cared about mockingbird as a character. Deathlok's head looks big, not really feeling how they did his mask. I'll probably kitbash mine and this to make a preferred version of him 

Disappointing the BaF disappeared, silver Sable would have been awesome. Is there any particular reason, Zach? Maybe she'll show up in 81?

And series 81?! Any hints? 

Edited by Heinous

This is how a Minimates wave should be!!!  Constrictor looks perfect, Mockingbird and Deathlok are long overdue.  Stealth Iron Man is a long overdue redo of the comic version.

Bummed we aren't getting Miller Black Widow.

I don't mind losing the BAF if DST could find a way to get us 4-5 waves like this per year. 

- Long desired unmade characters with definitive looks

- Redo's of both old and previously MCU or Animated only characters

- A new look for an existing character.

They don't fit a specific story, but hit multiple corners of the Marvel Universe.

Edited by youbastards

I love this series. Mockingbird, Deathlok, Ghost and Constrictor are huge wants for me and they look awesome. 

I really wish we could go back to the eight character waves though.

Looking forward to seeing 81 too. Come oooooooon Wrecking Crew!

Edited by Swarm198

Happily take the lot.

Dont know much about Mockingbird or Spider Woman in these looks but I they are either current or well received so yea they are good.

Constrictor is another I don't know much about but doesn't this finish up the minimate version of the Mattel secret wars line?

Deathlok yes please all good glad to have him.

Ghost and Stealth IM another great figure in Ghost and lovely redo in SIM so well done as I said earlier the first time I looked I thought you used an old figure as a place holder.

I might as well say it  .........Deathlok has hair & a mask ? Who knew?    I appreciate that these are pre-production but I just don't get why Deathlok gets a slip-on yet Constrictor has a painted mask ? 

The original Stealth Iron Man is a favourite of mine & it's great that people who didn't get one 16 years are getting a new one .......I suppose

The very last Iron Man Minimate that we got from TRU was pretty radical ,very odd & particularly useless apart from the fact that it had a transparent blue head. This pre-production Iron Man is (unless I am very much mistaken) the very same item painted blue .......so a big "well done" for the innovation :blink:

2 minutes ago, buttheadsmate said:

I might as well say it  .........Deathlok has hair & a mask ? Who knew?    I appreciate that these are pre-production but I just don't get why Deathlok gets a slip-on yet Constrictor has a painted mask ? 

The original Stealth Iron Man is a favourite of mine & it's great that people who didn't get one 16 years are getting a new one .......I suppose

The very last Iron Man Minimate that we got from TRU was pretty radical ,very odd & particularly useless apart from the fact that it had a transparent blue head. This pre-production Iron Man is (unless I am very much mistaken) the very same item painted blue .......so a big "well done" for the innovation :blink:

That's exactly what the Stealth suit is, Idk what you expected? 

This is a great wave. Saddened to see the loss of Silver Sable since so many of you wanted her. These three figures pack waves look light on accessories so I’m wondering if they are going to be like the Rescued Wave of TRU that we’re available on Walgreens.Com. 

17 minutes ago, Heinous said:

That's exactly what the Stealth suit is, Idk what you expected? 

I can only answer that by saying that my expectation was higher than "a repaint of the 76th Iron Man Minimate in the same colour as the very first variant of the very first Iron Man Minimate made 16 years ago "......

I also never expect anyone to agree with me:)

My other expectation is that this IM probably won't have a repulsor hand accessory .     

The TRU Wave 1 Stealth Iron Man Minimate is IMVHO is amongst the best Minimates ever made .....will ever be made.   I don't expect anything will eclipse that Minimate .

I mentioned in the other thread, this is such an exciting wave.  Constrictor is one of my favorite, eye-catching B/C-list villains.  I'm a sucker for some early 90s nostalgia Deathlok to go with Darkhawk, Thunderstrike, and Silver Sable.  Now, if we can get ourselves a Nomad and a Sleepwalker, I'll be feeling really good!

Don't know much about Ghost in this form, I really liked this run of Spider-Woman.  Mockingbird, no matter her form, is always welcome.  And I'm more than happy to have a Stealth Iron Man suit, as that and Silver Centurion were always two of my favorite looking Iron Man armors.

2 hours ago, kidcage said:

I mentioned in the other thread, this is such an exciting wave.  Constrictor is one of my favorite, eye-catching B/C-list villains.  I'm a sucker for some early 90s nostalgia Deathlok to go with Darkhawk, Thunderstrike, and Silver Sable.  Now, if we can get ourselves a Nomad and a Sleepwalker, I'll be feeling really good!

Don't know much about Ghost in this form, I really liked this run of Spider-Woman.  Mockingbird, no matter her form, is always welcome.  And I'm more than happy to have a Stealth Iron Man suit, as that and Silver Centurion were always two of my favorite looking Iron Man armors.

Your opinions appeal to me and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Seriously though, yes to this entire wave.  YES YES and MORE YES!  So unbelievable stoked for Deathlok and that new Spider-Woman (Loved that Hopeless run)!  Love to see DST taking a chance with some deeper dive characters like The Constrictor and Mockingbird.  This is exactly the kind of wave I want to see more of from DST.  Here's hoping it's a success!

7 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I can only answer that by saying that my expectation was higher than "a repaint of the 76th Iron Man Minimate in the same colour as the very first variant of the very first Iron Man Minimate made 16 years ago "......

I also never expect anyone to agree with me:)

My other expectation is that this IM probably won't have a repulsor hand accessory .     

The TRU Wave 1 Stealth Iron Man Minimate is IMVHO is amongst the best Minimates ever made .....will ever be made.   I don't expect anything will eclipse that Minimate .

That Mini really was spectacular. 
too bad the one I bought was missing the faceplate. 

I now wonder whether the picture of the Stealth Iron Man pre-production sample might have misled me in my interpretation of what may actually reach production.  The picture shows the corresponding Ghost pre-production figure being a painted clear transparent minimate .......I didn't say so earlier but I love this figure . What wasn't entirely obvious to me was that the Stealth pre-production figure may also be a painted clear transparent minimate . Now that may just be my interpretation of what I may want to see now but didn't see earlier . 'Stealth' has sometimes been translated (by DST) to 'blue translucent' & I'm now wondering if we might get something that incorporates blue translucent plastic. Who knows?

'Stealth' in my parlance means sneaky & this Iron Man aint sneaky enough for ol'butt.:D

Interestingly (interestingly to me anyway) you'll find that the Stealth armour was black & it has always been blamed on the comic-printing techniques that the armour was interpreted as blue. 

I'd love a black armoured Sneaky Iron-Man.

23 hours ago, Heinous said:

All three are definitely buys. Can we get a shot of Tony's head under the mask? 

I'll try to take one!

Never really cared for this version of Jessica but constrictor looks great. Would have been great if his coils were removable so you can throw one from the sentinels on there to actually wrap around a figure 

I BELIEVE his coils are removable bracelets, but I could be wrong. 

Disappointing the BaF disappeared, silver Sable would have been awesome. Is there any particular reason, Zach? Maybe she'll show up in 81?

And series 81?! Any hints? 

Not sure what will happen to Silver Sable. She is NOT in Series 81, which has a different theme. Also no BAF, that is done going forward, unfortunately. Fun while it lasted.