UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 80 for Marvel's 80th? Anyone? Anyone?

elhonez

So we are looking at 2 waves a year at specialty accounting for a 6 month +/- window between solicitation and release.

What happened to the boxsets that used to help fill in the gaps between releases?  I thought retailers preferred those because they don't have to order by the case?  The last comic themed boxset we got was the X-Men Brotherhood set in 2017.

We still need those Warriors Three and Wrecking Crew boxsets.

Edited by youbastards

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think that's anything new. It might be a shorter window than six months, I'd have to check the last few waves. I think recent box set sales have made us doubt their sellable nature. 

But we also have Walgreens putting out 3-4 Animated and movie waves per year, and many of those are comic-compatible.

16 hours ago, DSTZach said:

But we also have Walgreens putting out 3-4 Animated and movie waves per year, and many of those are comic-compatible.

Still pretty much prefer the official comics than comic-compatible! Box sets are good to get not-so popular characters out there, kinda like the BAF characters we get now, those that needs to be made vs popularity

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe we can start playing hangman for the next week. Players ask for a letter and at the end of the day whichever letter is requested most gets revealed, if it's there. One letter a day until Toy Fair.

Go.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

_ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ 

_ _ _ _ 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _

Can I get an A?

34 minutes ago, hellpop said:

Deathlok is arguably the most important Marvel character yet to be made, and Constrictor is one of my personal all-time favorites. Super excited to get both. This wave looks like a big win so far. 

I will humbly disagree on the most important character yet to be made but do agree this wave seems great so far.

I'm a fossil when it comes to social media stuff I avoid it like the plague. So They only pic I can see is the Stealth IM and Ghost one, both look real nice and the IM is a real shout-back to the early waves of Minimates. So much so for me I thought it was the wave 6 one on first sight and those images where just place holders for later reveals.

3 minutes ago, MiniFiend UK said:

I'm a fossil when it comes to social media stuff I avoid it like the plague. So They only pic I can see is the Stealth IM and Ghost one, both look real nice and the IM is a real shout-back to the early waves of Minimates. So much so for me I thought it was the wave 6 one on first sight and those images where just place holders for later reveals.

I could swear I wrote that ?:thumbsup: