UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 80 for Marvel's 80th? Anyone? Anyone?

elhonez

6 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Maybe a spies and secret agents wave?

Stealth Iron Man, new costume Black Widow, and Ghost would all fit the clues. Plus, it's a bit of a movie tie-in.

Didn't Zach say in the black widow thread that he thought most people would be happy with what DST is offering? I can't see a comic tie in if they are doing a movie wave (or box set) 

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Ssssome ssssssnake characterssssss possssssibly?

Ssssseveral 'ssssnake' merc(sssssss)enariesssss .....

OK .....I know ......it won't be a serpent-themed boxed set but I would love one.

If we are to get another Silver Sable I am pleased for those people who feel that another is necessary .  As always & especially in these austere Minimate times I will always prefer new characters rather than re-do's . 

It can't be canceled unless it's solicited.

It's entirely possible that Series 80 will have changes that address the perceived problems with Series 79 before it's solicited. Without know exactly what the lineup was supposed to be, it's hard to tell.

If retailers aren't happy with the 4-set cases and want to return to the 3-set assortments, one of the 2-packs from 79 could make its way into 80.

At this point it's a crapshoot.

Ghost / Stealth Iron Man is looking more and more likely.

BAF sounds like Silver Sable.

Maybe unlikely, but I'd love to see Valentina from SHIELD as the second female hero. Mockingbird would also be great. Who else fits the "unmade female espionage hero" clue?

Edited by elhonez

11 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Looks like DST is passing on the Black Widow movie license and giving us a comic-based tie-in instead. 

Nobody said that. Just because 79 is not Widow doesn't mean there will be no Widow. Or that this at all tied to Widow. This would be a fall release anyway. 

Edited by DSTZach

The Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman (black/white) fits the clues to a T. Spider-character, was a member of West Coast Avengers, and a part of Iron Man's Force Works. 

Jessica Drew (red/yellow) doesn't have strong ties to Iron Man, but definitely makes sense as a Spider-Man and Avengers character. 

2 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

The Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman (black/white) fits the clues to a T. Spider-character, was a member of West Coast Avengers, and a part of Iron Man's Force Works. 

Jessica Drew (red/yellow) doesn't have strong ties to Iron Man, but definitely makes sense as a Spider-Man and Avengers character. 

They were together in the New Avengers team. 

If we do end up with a Silver Sable update, I really hope they give us a Lilandra head like Marvel Legends so we could at least kitbash her. At this point I’m not excited about these clues and much lease excited it’s a fall release.