UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 80 for Marvel's 80th? Anyone? Anyone?

elhonez

Iron Monger

Grandmaster

Malekith

Batroc

Whiplash

M' baku (Man-Ape)

Killmonger

Jigsaw

Ghost

Alister Smythe

Jasper Sitwell

Azazel

Agent Zero

Sebastian Shaw

Ebony Maw

Cull Obsidian

Corvus Glaive

Ego

Justin Hammer

Laufey

Tinkerer

Taserface

Aldrich Killian

Mordo

Destroyer 

Shingen Yashida

Cottonmouth

Raza

Those are all the male movie only mate villians I believe we have I do believe but I may have missed someone tbh

Edited by HellfireSamurai

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When Zach called out 3 correct guesses, only the following had been put out there:

Male Hero Re-do:

• Yellow DD, US Agent, Patch, Stealth Iron Man
  • Spider-Man 2099, Blade (modern), Ghost Rider (Ketch), Elektra (black); Jessica Drew
  • 2099 has been done as animated ("If we'd gotten an animated version, I would have said." - Zach); a modern Blade has arguably been done again, Ketch was vetoed by Zach; Elektra is not a dude; Spider-Woman is not a dude
  • US Agent is a long shot? B/c he was an exclusive, not in a numbered series

Male MCU Villain:

• Batroc, Iron Monger, Whiplash, Killmonger, Malekith, Ego, Ghost, Mordo
  • Minn-Erva
  • Minn-Erva is not a dude
  • Ghost is a dude in the comics, would that count...?

New Male Hero:

• Machine Man

New Female Hero (x2):

• Jocasta, Kate Bishop, Hellcat, Mockingbird, Clea

New Male Villain:

• The Hood

Female in New Costume:

• Wasp, Black Widow (grey), Spider-Woman (jacket), Savage She-Hulk

I think any three of the following seem really plausible for the 3 we got right:

Yellow DD, Batroc, Kate Bishop, The Hood, Black Widow (grey)

3 hours ago, Heinous said:

I wonder what the significance of redoing yellow daredevil would be? Has popped back up wearing that costume? Seems out of left field. That's not to say I mind it, just seems odd 

Maybe because it was a distinct representative o Wave 1 of Minimates? Something unique to the beginning of the line that we haven’t seen since? Every other character from the first wave has been remade at least once except the Elektra variant. 
A return to their roots of sorts. 

4 hours ago, Heinous said:

I wonder what the significance of redoing yellow daredevil would be? Has popped back up wearing that costume? Seems out of left field. That's not to say I mind it, just seems odd 

I wonder who is even asking for this. Maybe I’m just brainwashed from the gluttony of yellow Daredevil’s fromMarvel Legends that clog up the shelves at my Walgreens. 

6 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I wonder who is even asking for this. Maybe I’m just brainwashed from the gluttony of yellow Daredevil’s fromMarvel Legends that clog up the shelves at my Walgreens. 

I think seeing this custom makes realize how cool an official one could look 

4 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

Stealth Iron Man has been made twice since the initial in Wave 6. Unless Zach has explicitly ruled out MCU and MvC3 variants, stealth Iron Man does not fit the parameters. 

That's true, but they are technically both different armours, from different medias.

Plus, Iron Man is a good wave anchor, and if it's not him I'm not sure what it could be. New/Ultimate X-Men and Patch don't seem very likely to be redone.

Personally, I really hope it is not Stealth Iron Man & that it is Yellow DD. We've got a bunch of Iron Man mates already so it would be nice to see some more mates of characters we only have a few of. That goes for any character. I would rather get mates of a completely new unmade characters or at the least of a character we only have a few mates of made.  #holdthewolviesspideys&shellheads

Edited by HellfireSamurai

1 hour ago, HellfireSamurai said:

Personally, I really hope it is not Stealth Iron Man & that it is Yellow DD. We've got a bunch of Iron Man mates already so it would be nice to see some more mates of characters we only have a few of. That goes for any character. I would rather get mates of a completely new unmade characters or at the least of a character we only have a few mates of made.  #holdthewolviesspideys&shellheads

I agree with this. I hope it is the redo of US Agent even if he is a quick mod rather than yellow Daredevil or Stealth Ironman. Hell I’d take black Costume Electra over all of them. 

24 minutes ago, elhonez said:

I'd be into a Clea/Mordo 2-pack. But that may be a pretty deep cut for a standard wave these days.

(Non sequitur: Didn't that Strange Tales pack sell pretty well? I vote for V2 with masked Strange, Clea, Mordo and Shuma Gorath)

I want brother Voodoo. I'd give up Clea for him