UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 80 for Marvel's 80th? Anyone? Anyone?

elhonez

Series 80 is not street-themed, it's a little bit of a hodge-podge - loosely connected, but it does include a few characters who have never met. I've seen the designs and they're very cool. 

But of course I would say that. 

Series 80:

Three two-packs, one BAF.

three women heroes: two never made, one in a costume we've never made.

four men: one hero and one villain we've never made, one villain we've only done as a movie version, one LONG awaited hero re-do. Like single-digit series.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/23/2019 at 1:57 PM, MisterPL said:

It's my understanding that DST abandoned the Best of/Greatest Hits assortments. Zach can correct me if I'm mistaken.

It wasn't so much abandoned as it served its purpose to a certain extent. They were in stock for a long time, as Best of and Greatest Hits, we just haven't made a new run recently. I THINK we still have a case or two in stock.

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Series 80 is not street-themed, it's a little bit of a hodge-podge - loosely connected, but it does include a few characters who have never met. I've seen the designs and they're very cool. 

Series 80:

four men: one hero and one villain we've never made, one villain we've only done as a movie version, one LONG awaited hero re-do. Like single-digit series.

Oh wow... Maybe Yellow DD?

3 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Series 80:

You know, with DST doing a great job of knocking out the most demanded figures, it gets harder and harder to guess what the new waves could be.  In times like these, we need BOLD GUESSES!  Let's do it!

How about a new USAgent (Long awaited hero redo AND starring in the upcoming D+ series) and a Batroc Ze Leaper (Villain they've only done as a movie version)?

What about a Machine Man (never before made male hero AND starring in a new series next year) and Jocasta (never before made female hero AND a big player in Iron Man right now)

And like a, I dunno, The Hood (never before made villain AND perennial fave) and a Kate Bishop Hawkeye (Never before made female hero AND just cool, okay?)

That leaves one female hero in a new costume.  Obviously it would be Black Widow in her 80s grey suit? That divisive Spider Woman costume with the jacket?  OH! The Wasp in her black and yellows!

There you go, a collection of bold, semi-plausible guesses that we can all laugh at when it finally gets announced. 

2 hours ago, Prowlar said:

The only heroes that fit the clue are yellow DD, black costume Electra, Comic Spider-Man 2099, and Patch. The only other possibilities would be a modern Blade or Ghost Rider depending on which incarnation Wave 6 Ghost Rider was based on.

There are a couple of X-Men looks it could be too, but I'd agree that it's probably yellow Daredevil.

For the three women, I'm really hoping for Kate Bishop and Hellcat for the new characters, and a new Wasp costume.

There are a lot of possibilities for the movie villain: Iron Monger, Whiplash, Batroc...

Is there a theme to each two-pack, or is the wave a complete mix?

My guess for the redo is also Blade. Yeah we had a first appearance Blade but we've only ever had him in the costume anyone knows as Blade once. Though I do admit to the remote possibility that its 2099.

@DSTZach when you say "never done" or "hasn't been remade" are you counting the animated minimates?

Yeah. Male hero redo, single digit wave = classic Ketch GR, Stealth IM, or Yellow DD.

Would be nice to see Mockingbird, Jocasta, Savage She-Hulk, Hellcat, or Clea. 

Movie villain is intriguing... add Killmonger to the list. I'd love to see Whiplash/Blacklash. Malekith wouldn't seem to fit the loose theme. Mordo. Minn-Erva. Batroc. Ghost. Ego. 

Malekith played a big part of war of realms didn't he? I could see him getting made 

Of course Kate Bishop would get made since I just started collecting parts to make one. USAgent seems likely since he'll be in Falcon and The Winter Soldier. Whoever said Grey suit Widow is probably on to something also. I'd like to see a new She Hulk too

War of Realms Thor & Malekith would be a logical pack. Kate Bishop and, I dunno, America Chavez would make sense. Maybe modern Spider-Woman and the Porcupine as the never made villain? Kinda hard to imagine DST would draw from a somewhat obscure comic like that. Maybe Boomerang?

Ghost / Stealth IM would be a righteous two-pack... but so would Stealth IM / Blacklash.

Hellcat or Mockingbird are pretty street-y (even though street is apparently not the theme anymore).

USAgent vs. Batroc? Sure. Sign me up. 

Masked Doctor Strange and Mordo? Yes please.

I realize these are less guess-worthy now and more wishful thinking...

3 hours ago, DSTZach said:

If we'd gotten an animated version, I would have said. No Ketch Ghost Rider, who also got a figure in Wave 50..

That wave 50 Ketch technically shouldn't count as a hero since that look was based off his time as a villian in that storyline...................#notmyketch

Also you said no Ketch Ghost Rider. Could that mean the door is open on another Ghost Rider still? Maybe a Blaze in his new look or an updated original look or maybe an Alejandra Ghost Rider as one of the never made females....

If it is Yellow Daredevil; he needs to come with spare parts to turn him into D-man. Make me buy two of that set.

Edited by HellfireSamurai

On 10/23/2019 at 11:36 PM, DSTZach said:

Series 80:

So going forward she we anticipate three two pack waves?