UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Phase 4: MCU

thereasonsy

Unless there’s a significant change in the retail marketplace, I’ll be surprised if we see any MCU Minimates for the foreseeable future. 

DST will likely use their Marvel Comics agreement to offer assortments that tie in to whatever is hot during Phase 4, whether it’s on the big screen or streaming through Disney+ Or Hulu. The only way I see them offering MCU Minimates is by allowing another agreement to expire (Animated, for example) or if a retailer can make it worthwhile to go after the license. 

Otherwise, Phase 3 was the end of the road. 

On 7/27/2019 at 3:09 PM, MisterPL said:

DST will likely use their Marvel Comics agreement to offer assortments that tie in to whatever is hot during Phase 4, whether it’s on the big screen or streaming through Disney+ Or Hulu.

I've thought about this for a bit recently, and I'd be down for comic tie-in waves. With all of the bizarre properties announced for Phase 4, we'd most likely be looking at a lot of new characters. This might be fresh on the mind simply because I recently read Gaiman's Eternals series and really enjoyed it, but I could definitely see the Eternals getting a comic wave (or maybe a box set) if the movie does well. I for one would love to see characters like Ikaris, Sersi, and Makkari as minimates

On 8/2/2019 at 10:15 PM, TENIME_art said:

Well, Gunn has since said that the cocoon in the Collection was never meant to be Adam, just a fun Easter egg.

I may be remembering incorrectly, but doesn’t Ayesha flat out say Adam’s name in the stinger at the end credits of Guardians 2?

The cocoon in the first film was just an Easter egg, but there’s a 2nd metal cocoon that it shown in vol. 2 that is referred to as having “Adam” inside.

Edited by Chigarillo

• 3 weeks later...

I know a lot of people don't really like the MCU stuff. But with Black Widow's sweet new suits, Red Guardian, Taskmaster, Falcon as Cap, new Winter Soldier, US Agent, Zemo with his mask, a new Hawkeye series, and Moon Knight (I don't know what phase this will be a part of), I REALLY hope we get Phase 4 Minimates!

• 4 weeks later...