UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Phase 4: MCU

thereasonsy

Welll, Hall H came through and is giving us a huge slate of potential minimates hopefully. We have:

Black Widow

Eternals

Shang Chi

Blade

Dr Strange Multiverse 

Jane Foster, I mean Thor 4

GOTG 3

and then the shows.

Hawkeye

Cap America: Falcon and Winter Solider

What If

WandaVision

Loki

Who are you most excited for?

Edited by thereasonsy

I personally still wanna cut off my MCU collection with Endgame since they skipped Far From Home and I’ll never feel complete without it if I keep going but like...

Shang Chi and Strange May just have me. 

31 minutes ago, Trekker 42 said:

I personally still wanna cut off my MCU collection with Endgame since they skipped Far From Home and I’ll never feel complete without it if I keep going but like...

Shang Chi and Strange May just have me. 

I’m really in the minority as I actually agree with skipping far from Home. 

Taika Waititi returning and Valkyrie's sexuality actually being present in the film is exciting for Thor 4, even if Jane Foster coming back isn't.

I'm a bit worried for Guardians 3 after Endgame, but I'm glad James Gunn is back. I really hope they don't try to keep the franchise going without him.

Seeing Star Wars and the MCU as they stand being branded as "The Skywalker Saga" and "The Infinity Saga" is kind of bothering me. I guess if Disney won't let these series end I'll just have to check out on my own. Between Episode 9 and a hiatus for one, and the end for the characters who started the other, now seems like a pretty good time.

Maybe Disney X-Men will be good.

Taskmaster and Red Guardian for Black Widow

Blade

Just the bit of info we got for Strange sounds dope

And then more Thor is good! Hopefully we get Korg and battle suit Valkyrie

As far as the shows, Hawkeye as well as Falcon and Winter Soldier are really exciting!

And the What If series could be, IF it includes a way for us to get alternate looks or characters we haven't gotten yet. I really hope DST picks up all of these because I'm still super stoked for the MCU.

3 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I’m really in the minority as I actually agree with skipping far from Home. 

Don't get me wrong I like the wave we got instead of Far From Home more than I probably would've liked Far From Home minimates but like... even so it's a gap. A gap that I'll always know is there. Taunting me. Staring into my soul. It just seems like such a natural point to cut myself off and never touch MCU again. Because I'll always know that "Damn there's that one movie they never actually bothered to make Minimates for and it would've gone right [points between Endgame and Widow] here in the collection."

I dunno I may be crazy but that's just my thought process about continuing minimates for the MCU. Hell if all they made was a two pack of Advance Suit Spider-Man and Mysterio I'd call FFH represented, but having nothing from the movie just seems... wrong.

8 minutes ago, Trekker 42 said:

Don't get me wrong I like the wave we got instead of Far From Home more than I probably would've liked Far From Home minimates but like... even so it's a gap. A gap that I'll always know is there. Taunting me. Staring into my soul. It just seems like such a natural point to cut myself off and never touch MCU again. Because I'll always know that "Damn there's that one movie they never actually bothered to make Minimates for and it would've gone right [points between Endgame and Widow] here in the collection."

I dunno I may be crazy but that's just my thought process about continuing minimates for the MCU. Hell if all they made was a two pack of Advance Suit Spider-Man and Mysterio I'd call FFH represented, but having nothing from the movie just seems... wrong.

I *get* it?  ??‍♂️ I am just happily fine not owning yet another Spider-Man from a mediocre movie. I’m happily ready for Black Widow and the hopefully two chest version of Red Star I’ll get. 

I actually am most interested in Jane Foster Thor movie and the Strange Multiverse one.

If I had to choose one figure it would have to be Shang-Chi in his original look from the comics.

9bb8cd0e8b08d63cef80fed2f8ecdb61.jpg

That one not a Black T shirt one not a red an black jumpsuit one....The Original One!

Ok DST You got years before this hits screens more then enough time to get on the ball.

15 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

Don't worry, DST will probably skip a lot more of these so your thought process will seem even more justified.

I'm underwhelmed by the whole slate. Thor especially is disappointing, I was pretty excited for where the character could be going after the conclusion of Endgame but what's been announced has dropped my interest to almost zero. Was anyone asking to bring Natalie Portman back?

Of course, cool concept art for any of these could change my opinion.

The concept art of Widow fighting Taskmaster is awesome.

I agree though, I was excited for Thor 4, but I'm not looking forward to Natalie Portman being back. I think she's really bad in the first 2 Thor movies and she didn't seem interested in coming back. In my opinion, Sif should've become Thor in the movies 

1 hour ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

The concept art of Widow fighting Taskmaster is awesome.

I agree though, I was excited for Thor 4, but I'm not looking forward to Natalie Portman being back. I think she's really bad in the first 2 Thor movies and she didn't seem interested in coming back. In my opinion, Sif should've become Thor in the movies 

I think the difference here is Taika Watiti. Branagh and Taylor were most interested in the grand scale Asgardian epic stuff and less in grounded character moments. If you didn’t have powers those directors didn’t know what to do with you. Selvig suffered from that too. As wacky and huge as Ragnarok was, it was full of those moments which makes it more appealing to someone like Portman who can finally do something fun. 

Sadly none of these probably will allow us to get Rescue or any new variations of characters in Endgame, to fill out the collection. I'm sure they'll be switching up looks in future movies. 

I'm excited to see minimates for these films. Shang-Chi will fill the void of the cancelled Bruce Lee minimates for me. Not to mention DST hasn't made any version of him yet.

Also not sure what villain there using for Thor 4, but I'd love to see Enchantress or Ulik.

Edited by RedTiger95

I want Gor the God Butcher so SO badly for Thor: Love and Thunder but if what I’ve heard is correct and Hemsworth is doing two more movies (and the other one isn’t Guardians 3) then Gor would be a solid final villain for Thor. 

So what are the chances we actually see Mates for the Disney+ shows? Considering they're supposed to be heavily linked to the movies and feature actual costumes rather than just guys in suits, I'm hoping chances are high.

I think chances are pretty low. It'd most likely be a seperate deal from the movies, and FFH shows they'll skip those if they'd don't think they're worth it.

Sales for the Netflix assortments weren't great either, which is the closest analogue  for this we've seen. Chances for comic tie-in figures seem a lot higher, and personally I'd prefer that.

The problem with the Netflix shows was that outside of Daredevil, it was just a bunch of dudes in suits. That doesn't seem to be the case with these shows. And if we're getting Falcon in his Cap suit, potentially Bucky as something similar to US Agent, a more comic accurate Zemo look, I need those characters for my collection! (Also, since the Netflix shows don't seem to be canon anymore, I'd love to see a better version of Nuke in this show) The next time we'll see Falcon Cap probably won't be till Avengers 5, which isn't in the lineup at the moment so we could be waiting for a while!

Yeah, with phase 4 only being 2020 and 2021 it certainly seems like the D+ series are more likely to be made into figures. Whether that be ML or minimates or others is up in the air, but it certainly seems like these series are going  to play right into the MCU. 

On 7/22/2019 at 4:14 AM, MiniFiend UK said:

I actually am most interested in Jane Foster Thor movie and the Strange Multiverse one.

If I had to choose one figure it would have to be Shang-Chi in his original look from the comics.

9bb8cd0e8b08d63cef80fed2f8ecdb61.jpg

That one not a Black T shirt one not a red an black jumpsuit one....The Original One!

Ok DST You got years before this hits screens more then enough time to get on the ball.

Same. I need that Shang-Chi as a Minimate so very much. 

6 hours ago, Heinous said:

Yeah, with phase 4 only being 2020 and 2021 it certainly seems like the D+ series are more likely to be made into figures. Whether that be ML or minimates or others is up in the air, but it certainly seems like these series are going  to play right into the MCU. 

Woo! I'm hoping for both!