UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2019

Mattallica

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DST's new solicitations are out (no, they don't include any Minimates); what interests me is that apparently the Black Hole and Rocketeer will be released at the same time, as part of an ongoing Disney Selects line:

https://news.toyark.com/2019/07/26/dst-solicitations-black-hole-avatar-the-last-airbender-marvel-dc-bruce-lee-and-more-358456

Now, I don't think I'm the only one here who immediately thinks this would be a great way to do Minimates as well. DST might not be able to get buyers to support a Black Hole or Rocketeer box set, but as part of a wider Disney live-action Minimate line? That would work perfectly.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Did they make any other Wonderland characters? It's weird that White Rabbit's the only one there.

There's a member of the Queen of Heart's army and what looks like Alice between Maximillian and Roger Rabbit. 

7 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Did they make any other Wonderland characters? It's weird that White Rabbit's the only one there.

That got me thinking .....from what I know , I know of no other Wonderland kubrick Disney characters. 

7 hours ago, darthdoughboy said:

I think that's the blue fairy next to Roger Rabbit. There has to be more to the Disney Kubrick collection because the character focus is really weird (many NBX characters but not Sally and no Alice or Cheshire Cat).

That's the Blue Fairy . There were 4 NBX box sets released in 2001 ( 14 years prior to the Minimates ...just saying) some of which were then re-released in 2005 . 

Plus several Tron box sets ( Tron in 2001 ...er  17 years prior to Minimates )

Medicom also did a couple of 'Toy Story' box sets & some years later, a wave of them .

Monsters Inc. had a couple of waves ..........I'm never sure whether to class Pixar stuff as Disney ?

7 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

..........I'm never sure whether to class Pixar stuff as Disney ?

I never do. They don't stand for the same things. Pixar exists to tell wonderful stories that can reach everyone. Disney exists to make money. 

35 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

I never do. They don't stand for the same things. Pixar exists to tell wonderful stories that can reach everyone. Disney exists to make money. 

But let’s not forget which of these companies made Zootopia and Moana and Frozen lately and which one made Monsters University Good Dinosaur and Brave. 

Honestly I think they’re about even at this point in Philosophy. 

On 7/22/2019 at 10:13 PM, DSTZach said:

Saying that we aren't getting Minimates for licenses we literally just announced is a little premature, but we are certainly looking at new licenses that will work for Minimates.

So you're saying it's possible we might get a Rocketeer?!