UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Doctor Who Christmas Invasion 2006!!!

Seanus

Erm Seanus, don't want to bust your bubble but Christmas Invasion was last year :P This year it was called Runaway Bride... and not all of us here are Brits, so quite a large majority of the board will go huh? As they're still stuck watching Season 1 :P Or they could download them from the Net. Anyway a fun episode and cant wait for season 3 and end of Torchwood <G>

cheers,

Tk

P.S there is something missing from the trailer online that was at the end of the trailer for the Runaway Bride, I won't spoil it... for those who want to know what it was, just drop me a PM. I also insist that no one says here or in a spoiler tag as not everyone wants things spoiled ;)

Actually, we're on Season 2 over here. SciFi has been showing them. They're awesome. DVDs come out in a couple of weeks, too.

However...

Christmas Invasion rocked balls.

I heard a rumor that Tenant may be leaving midway through season 4, and that makes me sad. He's awesome. I loved Eccleston, but Tenant's much more charismatic. Hopefully it's only a rumor.

The beeb are denying the rumour about Tennant leaving but I wouldn't be surprised if he did go. I'm sure whoever they choose next will also be a top drawer actor. There's always been a danger of typecasting associated with playing the Doctor as it's such a prominent role. I reckon that's why Eccleston left so early, why Billy left after proving she's a good actor, and why Tennant will go too. I think Tennant will rise above the role and go on to greater things.

Too much Sherry Jules? :D

I really liked it. Loved Catherine Tate as the slightly desperate Donna. Thought Sarah Parrish could have chewed a little less scenery, but I enjoyed this special far more than last years.

I enjoyed it, Tennant has said in a few interviews he's not ready to leave just yet... but he will leave when the time feels right so he could be lasting a little while :) And regardless of how long Tennant stays in the role he's a talented actor and will be able to shrug of the 'typecasting' of the doctor. :)

I didn't like Ms. Tate in this episode and found her to be very dry and boring, all though there were many aspects of the episode I did like <G>

cheers,

Tk

Gotta say though that compared to last years Christmas Special this years sucked monkey balls in my opinion...

I'm not a big fan of Catherine Tate* and to be quite frank i find her and her voice highly irritating, plus she's not funny as a comedienne in the slightest...

*And being responsible for possibly the worst catchphrase ever spoken** automatically puts her on my Celebrity Deathmatch list just above Jamie Oliver and David Beckham.

**Having to sit on the bus listening to stroppy 15 year old schoolgirls gabbing away on their mobile phones and arguing with their boyfriends/girlfriends and screeching at the top of their voices "But am i bovvered? Does my face look bovvered?" and sitting there hoping against all hope that the bus will crash or their mobile phone will explode...