UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Complete Marvel Series 1 -42 plus Exclusives - Worth?

dai613-2

I have all of Marvel Series 1 - 42, plus all exclusives during that period (except for silver and gold spider-man).  Also I have the two boxed Maxi-Mates in perfect condition. See attached file for complete list. Never played with. Each figure has been placed in an individually marked poly bag with all accessories. I am thinking of selling on eBay but I want to charge a fair price.  I would greatly appreciate your opinions on value.

Minimates.docx

The problem is that most people aren't willing to buy collections wholesale. The individual value of sets can vary wildly, so collectors are usually more interested in targeting specific sets. You'd likely make more money in the long run if you sold the rarer/in-demand items individually, but it'd be more of a hassle logistically. And you'd end up with a healthy percentage that are not in-demand that wouldn't be worth selling individually.

I'm answering your question at face value, while recognizing that you probably posted this question as a backdoor to receiving an offer via PM by one of the members of this Forum (given your one post).

To provide clarification, I want to sell on eBay with a Buy Now price  -- but I'm not sure what is reasonable to ask.  I can start high and then reduce if I get no takers but my preference is to offer something reasonable right off the bat. If anybody has a suggestion of how much is reasonable, I would really appreciate suggestions.

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

You might offer it to @luke314pi

He's always buying people's collections. I'd DM him 

This. I'd suggest putting it on ebay but if you can't make your price, Luke would make you a fair offer. And with this, your collection becomes beloved pieces of hundreds of peoples' collections. You will be in their souls until they too pass on the minimates they so love.