UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2 hours ago, stack32 said:

I think the problems with that wave have been discussed ad nauseum in multiple other threads so short version: Two Blizzards, mediocre Mandroid, no strong theme, no A-listers to help it move.

To summarize back: This was a list of most requested mates. This wave was made with legacy characters with over 50 years of experience. There were two characters that had two titles at the time. One of them had been in movies and an animated series. One character that was on the SHIELD tv show and Avengers Assemble Show. A variant that was packed with a requested SHIELD army builder. All of these characters have moved product in the past when they were created so there was numbers to back up the character selection. Minimate fans whining about x number of Spider-Man, Thor, Cap, Iron Man mates so an “a-lister” was skipped. At the end of the day we just didn’t show up. They literally gave us what we “wanted”. The other possibility is that they are too busy listening to a vocal minority instead of paying attention to the paying majority. 

Yes, I certainly remember all those wishlists requesting the original Blizzard. The requests for Kang had nothing on Blizzard.

If you waste a quarter of your "most wanted" lineup on characters nobody is asking for don't be surprised when the demand isn't there. Also, calling it "most wanted" was a bit disingenuous to begin with but I suppose "a few characters Zach saw on some wishlists and some other stuff" wasn't as catchy.

Ok, so Kang was released in 2012. Blizzard  came out 2016. By the time Blizzard came out I’d Imagine at that time that the Kang fans had been satisfied. Although, we didn’t show up for the Disney stores (frankly no one still does as they keep closing) either. 

Blizzard was requested and was a popular as he has been featured in a few animated shows and also figures. The original one I will give you was not something I had heard of anyone wanting but it makes sense pairing him with a Mandroid which was a highly requested army builder. 

I guess I need to use sarcasm tags. I have no doubt someone put Blizzard on list of characters they might be interested in, I even mentioned him as a possibility of a figure that wouldn't require new tooling, but characterizing him as "most wanted" or "popular" is stretching the definitions of those words far beyond the breaking point. It becomes worse since DST decided they had to pack an alternate version with an army builder (one that may have been highly requested but was not particularly well executed).

But again, these points have been discussed multiple times in multiple threads and we're obviously not changing each other's minds so it's probably best to leave it.

I saw Wandavision spelled out as WandaVision today and it finally made sense.

• 2 weeks later...

If we aren't getting minimates for a mainline Spider-Man sequel I don't imagine we'd get any for these. A comic wave could be pretty cool, though. Sort of like wave 75.

Fraction/Aja Hawkguy & Hawkeye w/ Pizza Dog

Scarlet Witch & (Classic!) Vision

Modern Falcon & Winter Soldier

Modern Loki & Odin, maybe?

The BaF could be a more obscure villain or supporting character from one of the shows, or the Watcher would be cool too.

That's a pretty solid lineup, @BuffaloDelorean

Though I'd swap a Classic Vision for a White Vision and that Odin for a bulked up Destroyer.  Also, maybe I'd swap out that Winter Solider for a US Agent.

Also also, more to the point, I think after the fizzle of the netflix waves and the drying up of the movie waves, I too would bet more on a symbolic comic wave tie in than a full on true-to-screen wave.

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno that it's confirmed yet, but rumor is Zemo and Sharon Carter are returning for Falcon and Winter Soldier. And now I really hope we get a 4 pack. Falcon with his new post-Endgame look, Winter Soldier in whatever new look he'll be sporting a better Sharon Carter, and a Zemo. Likelihood is probably slim. But since these shows will be tied directly to the movies and feature actual costumes, I'm optimistic!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

I mean...unless there's new characters that are more than just civilians (not discounting the need for civilian 'Mates, especially MCU), I already have my ideal versions of those characters.

I'm hoping we get a more comic accurate Zemo, but also, we should definitely be getting new looks for Sam and Bucky. The rest of the shows, I'd buy the sets if they released them, but Falcon and Winter Soldier is the show I'm looking forward to the most. I saw some dope fan art that had Sam in a Captain America costume and Buck looking like US Agent and I'm all for both of those things.

• 2 months later...

Well, we've gotten our first look at Falcon and Winter Soldier's new designs and I'm feeling them. We're getting US Agent, the Hawkeye show, AND MOON KNIGHT!! I really hope we get Minimates for Disney+. If not, hopefully at least Hasbro makes the figures.

Edited by PrinceCuseCuse