UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Do you guys think we'll see anything for the Disney+ shows? Loki, WandaVision, Falcon and Winter Soldier, and Hawkeye? On one hand, the Netflix shows stopped getting box sets after season 2 of Daredevil, but on the other, these are shows that will be directly linked to the MCU and have bigger budgets, probably gonna feature a lot of costumed characters. Truthfully, my main concern is "Are Minimates going to still be around by then?" Because other than that, I don't see why they wouldn't do sets for these shows.

8 hours ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

Do you guys think we'll see anything for the Disney+ shows? Loki, WandaVision, Falcon and Winter Soldier, and Hawkeye? On one hand, the Netflix shows stopped getting box sets after season 2 of Daredevil, but on the other, these are shows that will be directly linked to the MCU and have bigger budgets, probably gonna feature a lot of costumed characters. Truthfully, my main concern is "Are Minimates going to still be around by then?" Because other than that, I don't see why they wouldn't do sets for these shows.

It comes down to the license and how much it costs tbh. 

54 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

Nope!

You don't think it's happening?

1 hour ago, stack32 said:

Two years ago I'd say it was a given, now I'd say it seems unlikely.

Yeah, unfortunately. The line really seems to be on the fast track to cancellation.

28 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Is there something I’m not getting, or is WandaVision a really weird title?

It sounds more like a lazy ship name than a show.

No, I think it's a really bad name too.

17 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

It comes down to the license and how much it costs tbh. 

BINGO.

If a retailer can order enough to make it worthwhile, it'll happen. Or if Marvel decides to lump all MCU licenses together under one agreement, it's more likely.

16 hours ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

Yeah, unfortunately. The line really seems to be on the fast track to cancellation.

I think we are talking ourselves into a cancellation. The line actually isn’t that bad off but if we keep picking at it the way we do one here it could be. 

20 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

I think we are talking ourselves into a cancellation. The line actually isn’t that bad off but if we keep picking at it the way we do one here it could be. 

You might be right. There might not be a cancellation coming, but there's no denying that the amount of Minimates, especially Marvel, released per year has definitely dropped. Also, when's the last time we got a comic book box set?

5 minutes ago, Heinous said:

Wave 76, maximum carnage 

No, a box set being a 4 pack.

Also, when did wave 76 come out? October? And I don't think we've gotten a comic wave since. Nobody's been able to find the new Animated Waves. The Captain Marvel box set hasn't been released yet. Two Spider-Man movies that aren't getting Minimates directly for the movie. (I know FFH has the tie-in wave, but it's not movie accurate.) Obviously losing TRU was a huge blow as I assume they were their number one retailer, but since then, they've really slowed down on specialty waves, relying heavily on Walgreens who have pretty terrible distribution. Also, why don't they have Disney store exclusive Minimates? They have Disney store Selects. And the PVC statues have made it to GameStop. DST needs another retail option to get Minimates going again

Weren't we told there's another Walgreens assortment that hasn't been announced, one after Series 10? And that series isn't supposed to hit wide until after Endgame, which is just showing up now.

Yes, Bruce Lee and Kingdom Hearts Minimates assortments have been canceled. Have any other Bruce Lee and Kingdom Hearts DST product been canceled? Is this more about the Minimates brand or the licensed properties?

If DST Bruce Lee Select figures were doing gangbusters but retailers weren't interested in Minimates, I might be concerned about our plastic crack. Then again, we got four boxed sets and a 2-pack of Pulp Fiction Minimates and DST couldn't get more than a single assortment of Select figures out. So maybe it's more about which properties fit with which toy category.

Two Spider-Man movies that aren't getting Minimates directly for the movie.

I get the feeling that, now that Fox has been acquired by Disney, Marvel will be discouraging licensees from offering Spider-Man product in an attempt to devalue the web-slinger's brand. That's what they did with Fantastic Four and X-Men. Now they're probably setting their sights on Spidey.

41 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I get the feeling that, now that Fox has been acquired by Disney, Marvel will be discouraging licensees from offering Spider-Man product in an attempt to devalue the web-slinger's brand. That's what they did with Fantastic Four and X-Men. Now they're probably setting their sights on Spidey.

Oh God, I hope not! ?? Don't get me wrong, I'll love getting new X-Men and Fantastic Four stuff. Especially Minimates, but Spider-Man is my favorite character!

1 hour ago, stack32 said:

What would bad look like then?

If you look at it, we are getting almost 60 figures this year for Marvel alone. It’s not at our pace or how we want it but it’s there. We still don’t know what the back half of the year is going to look like full until SDCC and NYC CC. 

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

Honestly, I don’t think they had the money for an official tie in line. These licenses cost a lot of money and it isn’t like they give a friends and family discount. DST did a spiritual wave that matches the license they have. Also, based off of the End Game clap back happening I wouldn’t be surprised if they did this to also avoid the “whining” even if they have the money - which I doubt. 

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

Yes, Bruce Lee and Kingdom Hearts Minimates assortments have been canceled. Have any other Bruce Lee and Kingdom Hearts DST product been canceled? Is this more about the Minimates brand or the licensed properties?

If DST Bruce Lee Select figures were doing gangbusters but retailers weren't interested in Minimates, I might be concerned about our plastic crack. Then again, we got four boxed sets and a 2-pack of Pulp Fiction Minimates and DST couldn't get more than a single assortment of Select figures out. So maybe it's more about which properties fit with which toy category.

Agreed. The fact is that demand wasn’t there for these lines. As much as DST wants to give fans what they want, they are a business. If there was demand for these figures we would be getting these figures. They don’t willingly want the company to fail or to piss us all off. There was tons of chatter over a marvel most wanted Avengers line. They gave us the figures “we” wanted and it “bombed”. We saw the Kingdom hearts line up and didn’t like it. It bombed. Muppets... bomb. Big Bang didn’t provide a Big Bang. Dark tower was not a bright spot. These are licenses that have built in fan bases but aren’t catching fire. Granted, I wouldn’t have picked them and would have found every loop hole on the planet to get the Arrowverse, Buffy, STNG, and Archie/Riverdale or underserved fandoms like the 100 or even Timeless that have managed to get shows brought back to life. Basically fan bases with money that have a history of supporting product like they did with Ghost Busters, Aliens, and Walking Dead.  

I’d also spend my time getting my online store actually working and taking any and all meetings to get back into Walmart, Best Buy, and Target.

58 minutes ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

Oh God, I hope not! ?? Don't get me wrong, I'll love getting new X-Men and Fantastic Four stuff. Especially Minimates, but Spider-Man is my favorite character!

I'm sure Marvel will allow licensees to continue making product based on comics. However, Spider-Man: Far From Home marks the end of the deal between Marvel and Sony. Despite the fact that Marvel makes ALL the money from Spidey merchandising, they've proven that they don't need it, especially now that they've got X-Men and the FF back in the fold. 

1 hour ago, thereasonsy said:

Honestly, I don’t think they had the money for an official tie in line.

That's entirely possible, especially if their ROI has been dipping in this category after the fall of TRU. 

As a licensee, I can tell you that my company wasn't encouraged to go after Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse or Spider-Man: Far From Home and the last time something like that happened was with the Fox Marvel flicks. We've been using the Spider-Man animated series but I couldn't help noticing that hasn't been renewed for a third season yet.

2 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

If you look at it, we are getting almost 60 figures this year for Marvel alone. It’s not at our pace or how we want it but it’s there. We still don’t know what the back half of the year is going to look like full until SDCC and NYC CC.

Using number of figures instead of waves is a weak way to make it sound better. Based on the comments that have been made we do have a pretty good idea of what's coming in the back half of the year that we don't already know about: Nothing. You can spin it but the only good news we've had so far is that the line isn't completely dead.

2 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

There was tons of chatter over a marvel most wanted Avengers line. They gave us the figures “we” wanted and it “bombed”.

Maybe the wave would have failed anyway but DST screwed up that lineup royally, it was practically sabotage. I refuse to blame that one on the fans.

3 hours ago, stack32 said:

Using number of figures instead of waves is a weak way to make it sound better. Based on the comments that have been made we do have a pretty good idea of what's coming in the back half of the year that we don't already know about: Nothing. You can spin it but the only good news we've had so far is that the line isn't completely dead.

Maybe the wave would have failed anyway but DST screwed up that lineup royally, it was practically sabotage. I refuse to blame that one on the fans.

Ok so we have 6 waves so on average a Wave every two months that are going into an ecosystem that has distribution challenges.... still is healthy although not ideal from a CPG standpoint.

As for the fan wave, fans requested the lineup Enchantress, Black Knight, Tigers, Falcon, Blizzard... what do you want to blame DST for exactly?