UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Movie Minimate Preorder Thread

My first movie Minimate is up for preorder - William Wallace from Braveheart! He includes his famous claymore sword and a movie poster standee. He replaces my Marvel custom this month. I only have enough parts to make 12 of him - If he sells out and you would still want one, I would just need you to send me a Peggy Carter Minimate and I can make another William Wallace at the same price. Here is the preorder link: https://forms.gle/c2zpJ9iuUheZgXBfA

huyfcAX.jpg

slCYrBn.jpg

Next month will be another movie custom before I switch back to Marvel again. There may be more movie customs coming in the future as well. :)

Now that my order is confirmed I'll confess that I actually found the movie 'Braveheart' a tad irritating .  'Hollywood' has crafted some woeful re-telling of history* .........Braveheart & ironically The Patriot being up there as the worst IMHO . I am course English so the portrayal of the English in both these movies is especially irritating:D

That said ....that's a beautiful version of dubya dubya ....bravo Luke.

47 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Thats a really nice looking fig, did you have trouble doing a skirt sticker?

Skirt ? Streuth ! 

BTW the Darkseid Minimate had a hinged skirt   kilt which would be an interesting variant .

2 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Thats a really nice looking fig, did you have trouble doing a skirt sticker?

Duck and cover matey. If there are any non-Sassenach  members of this board your about to get an earful ?

I'm English as well but do take great delight winding up friends with Scottish roots when they wear them on Birthdays etc. The Skirt dig never gets old.

It took a few tries to get the shape right, and I don't think the stickers would work for every type of Minimate skirt - if they are curved too much in two different directions, the stickers would either wrinkle, or pop up at the sides. But it worked well for this piece.

Good Looking MiniMate!

I really like the look but I am not a fan of the movie so I did not order one.  But you did a great job with this custom minimate, Luke.

Just wanted to let you know.

On 4/15/2019 at 3:30 PM, Captain Paco said:

Good Looking MiniMate!

I really like the look but I am not a fan of the movie so I did not order one.  But you did a great job with this custom minimate, Luke.

Just wanted to let you know.

Thank you! :)

• 1 month later...

My 2nd movie custom was supposed to be up for preorder this month, but I have been too busy with Minimate Showcase Day, our store's new exclusive 2-pack (check the Series 78 thread), and other items, so I am putting it on hold for now. Next month will be the start of a new Marvel year of customs with optional subscription. William Wallace will ship in a few days. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

r8vX04V.jpg

I have a special custom release for you before my next Marvel customs begin again. This is a custom I have been planning on releasing for 3 years now - Jason Voorhees! He is based on his appearance in Friday the 13th Part 4 (he doesn't even get the hockey mask until Part 3!) and he includes a machete, axe, bloody knife, and gravestone. I only have parts to make 15 of him, so he is more limited than usual. My apologies in advance if you miss out - I wish I could make more! He will ship the 1st week of December, and the preorder link is here: https://forms.gle/7VQtj37qpHetLPti6