UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Zach, I am fully aware that you all made the choice not to show a product that isn’t available to other retailers. Although I don’t agree with that strategy, that literally wasn’t my question. I was wondering if Marvel.Com’s video was a paid placement. I.e. are there more figures and toys that weren’t covered because they didn’t pay for inclusion. I recall seeing a few things on the floor that were Black Widow themed but didn’t make the video. 

Sorry, this IS the Marvel Minimates forum, so I inferred you were at least partially referring to them. I don't believe Marvel.com does paid placement. They probably just didn't want the video to be too long.

But... Minimates aren't long at all.

For what it's worth, prior to the Disney acquisition, Marvel licensees were required to purchase advertising in Marvel Comics. (It was either that or write them a check.) That's about as close to a paid promotion by Marvel as I can recall but I don' think that's mandatory anymore.

Can always count on ebay... thanks Minimatemasterworks and fraternity_of_raptors for letting us know.

I was hoping for a sculpted vest on Yelena so a white-suit Natasha would be an easy custom. But it looks like tampos won out over sculpted chests across the board.

Posted (edited)

These look great. I think a Rachel Weisz pack in head would have been good too, since her suit looks almost the same as Natasha's. 

Edited by RedTiger95

Aw man... I didn’t want to like these. My MCU display is full up through Endgame and looks amazing. 
But I really like these. Especially Taskmaster and Red Guardian. 

Nice looking figures although the packaging design (in the pic that I am seeing) is ......I've struggled for the right word ....surprising . Is this some licensing thing again?

I haven't seen the movie but it seems to me that we have 2, 2-packs adequately portraying the main super-hero characters (that I know of) with no sign of Mr.Drab , Ms. Bland , grunt army builder & Uncle Cameo  which IMHO bloated & blighted many movie waves.  

Posted (edited)

It looks like the helmet and beard on red Guardian is one sculpted piece, now how much do you want to bet it won’t line up with the eyes or mouth? Great looking figures though

Edited by FightTheDead118

The packaging looks a bit like it's walking the line between film likeness and comic book adaptation - kind of a bid to appeal to both markets. 
I'm not mad about it - I think it looks pretty cool.

9 hours ago, Nessex said:

The packaging looks a bit like it's walking the line between film likeness and comic book adaptation - kind of a bid to appeal to both markets. 
I'm not mad about it - I think it looks pretty cool.

That is precisely what I was trying to express.....thank you. 

Not the biggest fan of movie waves but I do like task Master and Red Guardian.

7 hours ago, MiniFiend UK said:

Yeah, I will buy them but I don't find them "necessary". Maybe it's the way we found out as to why. I will probably get more excited after seeing the movie but right now just that Red Guardian is what's making me happy. 

7 hours ago, MiniFiend UK said:

Completely agree with this sentiment

I was messing around the hood that came with Ronin the other day and was wishing it'd come with other hooded characters. So it's great we're seeing it reused 

49 minutes ago, Strider said:

Are those pics from out in the wild? Meaning are these showing up in stores now?!?

Yes they are. They've been spotted in upstate New York.

Just found a case in Madison! They look amazing! Red Guardian is peering through the eye holes perfectly 

6 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Red Guardian's hair and beard might look good on Reed Richards.

As soon as I saw that piece I started thinking about which character was gonna get it.

Reed may be the one. Genius!

If these are all we're getting (unless Walgreens asks for another series) then I might pick up another Yelena to QC a white Widow. (So that spare Red Guardian will have to be put to good use.)

I've got an extra Natasha noggin thanks to the Endgame box set. Just need an appropriate hairpiece.