UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Black Widow Movie

PrinceCuseCuse

On 3/10/2020 at 5:23 PM, Heinous said:

So it's great we're seeing it reused 

Unfortunately it's not the same hood piece. Full shoulder/hood head cap that has an odd point at the top of it. Looks clean just an odd shape. 

On 3/11/2020 at 5:09 PM, Heinous said:

What kind of hair is Natasha sporting? Is it a pony tail? 

Same hair Ayesha had in Vol. 2 set. Works well for this look though I'm going to trade it out for long hair. 

Found in Atlanta. These are pretty excellent, and I'm just happy we got an assortment unlike Spidey. I think these were the most logical choices, as the Rachel Weisz character is an easy kitbash, and a white suite Natasha just needs a chest substitution. The only think that bothers me is Taskmaster's lack of accessories but I can't say that's a surprise. Red Guardian is a masterpiece in my opinion. 

Just confused as to why these showed up with no announcement or reveal. Even for us forum nerds, no word whatsoever until an eBay listing. I think this is the most frustrating part of still collecting these. But anyway. Winter Soldier and Red Guardian look awesome together. Team Soviet! 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was waiting until the 15th to announce, as that was supposedly the set date. But I have an announcement in the queue at Marvel.com now, and it's up on our blog, so I guess it's announced now. Not much reason to promote if they aren't available to buy or even pre-order -- don't want to drive people crazy checking Walgreens before they're even shipped. 

Spotted in Kentucky.

I gotta say, the minimates themselves looks fantastic. I'm happy to add Taskmaster to my collection.

However, these new shields are awful. For those of you who haven't gotten the sets, DST has replaced the peg and hole shields we know and (I assume) love with an L shaped handle on the back of the shield that the minimate hands hold. At first I thought I was being nitpicky, but the handle is huge and keeps popping out of my minimate's hands. I also feel like it limits posing without looking silly. Did this change really save that much money? I don't feel like it's worth it at all.

Also, Taskmaster's hood/shoulder pad combo kind of limits such a dynamic character's posing options too. Just a thought.

Edited by Swarm198

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

I'll find Black Widow before I find Series 11 locally. Patience has almost always paid off.

My Black Widow 'fix' will be en route soon ......& , trust me ,I know all about Minimate Patience.

'Walgreens Minimates' are elusive but 'Wave 11'  is particularly elusive .

I was lucky enough to find the Spider-Man half of wave 11 as well as two sets of Black Widow. Now I'm trying to find a good substitute body for White Suit Black Widow.

Currently the closest match I've been able to come with is Animated White Tiger with the stripes removed. Any other suggestions?

On 3/17/2020 at 7:00 PM, buttheadsmate said:

My Black Widow 'fix' will be en route soon ......& , trust me ,I know all about Minimate Patience.

'Walgreens Minimates' are elusive but 'Wave 11'  is particularly elusive .

Forgive me.. but which wave was 11?

1 hour ago, buttheadsmate said:

You are forgiven .

Wave 11 is Parker/ Superior SM...........  Spider-Girl/Doc.Cock................ Black Panther/Shuri...........Cap/Peggy Carter.

I'm a little concerned where the Minimates/Walgreens line is going, are they trying to make the earlier web searches that brought up "personal massagers" more of a reality?

On 3/26/2020 at 7:20 PM, buttheadsmate said:

You are forgiven .

Wave 11 is Parker/ Superior SM...........  Spider-Girl/Doc.Cock................ Black Panther/Shuri...........Cap/Peggy Carter.

Once I’m able to leave lockdown I’ll keep an eye out for you. They were pretty plentiful in NYC and have shipped them abroad for a few friends/nephews.

3 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

Once I’m able to leave lockdown I’ll keep an eye out for you. They were pretty plentiful in NYC and have shipped them abroad for a few friends/nephews.

I'm not entirely sure whether you're addressing that comment to me ? If you are then I am very grateful but I am actually covered . Thanks anyway & you are a star .:thumbsup:

As much as I was looking forward to seeing Black Widow in theaters next month, obviously that's NOT going to happen. The question has not only become WHEN will Marvel Studios release it but WHERE?

What started as idle musings is turning into industry scuttlebutt that Disney may be toying with the idea of releasing the movie on demand. While I'd hate to see Scarlett Johansson's solo Marvel flick debuting on small screens instead of in cinemas, I understand why the studio would want to continue earning revenue during this unprecedented time.

If I'm being honest, there have been a handful of Marvel Studios flicks that didn't really deserve the big-screen treatment. This might be one of them. Because of my love of theater-going I'm torn. 

In the meantime, I'm probably going to buy another set of Black Widow Minimates just to console myself. I just need to figure out what to do with that second Taskmaster.