UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Black Widow Movie

PrinceCuseCuse

Zach, I am fully aware that you all made the choice not to show a product that isn’t available to other retailers. Although I don’t agree with that strategy, that literally wasn’t my question. I was wondering if Marvel.Com’s video was a paid placement. I.e. are there more figures and toys that weren’t covered because they didn’t pay for inclusion. I recall seeing a few things on the floor that were Black Widow themed but didn’t make the video. 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But... Minimates aren't long at all.

For what it's worth, prior to the Disney acquisition, Marvel licensees were required to purchase advertising in Marvel Comics. (It was either that or write them a check.) That's about as close to a paid promotion by Marvel as I can recall but I don' think that's mandatory anymore.

Nice looking figures although the packaging design (in the pic that I am seeing) is ......I've struggled for the right word ....surprising . Is this some licensing thing again?

I haven't seen the movie but it seems to me that we have 2, 2-packs adequately portraying the main super-hero characters (that I know of) with no sign of Mr.Drab , Ms. Bland , grunt army builder & Uncle Cameo  which IMHO bloated & blighted many movie waves.  

The packaging looks a bit like it's walking the line between film likeness and comic book adaptation - kind of a bid to appeal to both markets. 
I'm not mad about it - I think it looks pretty cool.

9 hours ago, Nessex said:

The packaging looks a bit like it's walking the line between film likeness and comic book adaptation - kind of a bid to appeal to both markets. 
I'm not mad about it - I think it looks pretty cool.

That is precisely what I was trying to express.....thank you. 

7 hours ago, MiniFiend UK said:

Not the biggest fan of movie waves but I do like task Master and Red Guardian.

Yeah, I will buy them but I don't find them "necessary". Maybe it's the way we found out as to why. I will probably get more excited after seeing the movie but right now just that Red Guardian is what's making me happy. 

Just found a case in Madison! They look amazing! Red Guardian is peering through the eye holes perfectly