PrinceCuseCuse

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/4/2020 at 11:51 PM, lopez888 said:

I'm glad there making Black widow movie mates, but my MCU mates will still have a gap since we didnt get any FFH mates. 

Facts. I won't get over this.

I don't know. Another black-suit Spider-Man, another Kraven, another Vulture, another Mysterio, half of another Hydro-Man, and a Miles variant few seem happy with is a long way to go for a Prowler, Molten Man, and Spider-Slayer BAF. Some of those repeats might be considered improvements over past offerings but they're all poor substitutes for proper assortments from Into the Spider-Verse and Far From Home.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:10 AM, MisterPL said:

I don't know. Another black-suit Spider-Man, another Kraven, another Vulture, another Mysterio, half of another Hydro-Man, and a Miles variant few seem happy with is a long way to go for a Prowler, Molten Man, and Spider-Slayer BAF. Some of those repeats might be considered improvements over past offerings but they're all poor substitutes for proper assortments from Into the Spider-Verse and Far From Home.

Nailed it.

But I didn't need a whole wave anyway. Though, I'm sure they could've made one. I would've been fine with a box set. But alas, the highest grossing Spider-Man movie will forever be missing from my collection.

But enough about THAT Spider. Back to Black Widow. Are we thinking box set or wave?

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

If DST thinks the box sets aren't selling then, in the absence of TRU, I'm expecting an assortment. The question is will they go to Walgreens or specialty?

I’m going with 4 two packs available at Walgreens/Duane Reade. As for FFH, I’m team comic wave (even with the stupid Miles). I can see why people would be upset though. 

On 2/14/2020 at 11:10 PM, MisterPL said:

No way, Kraven and vulture were among the most requested redos the were both pretty old and pretty impossible to find at a decent price. Black spiderman was made by the accessories he came with, you can't tell me thats not way cooler then night monkey. Hydroman was another hard to come by fig that people wanted updated, sure legs would have been nice but pretty much any legs fit the bill (if your not using your black spiderman ones your set). Mysterio was pretty much comic accurate except for the chest plate. As for miles I have no justification for that.

I've had trouble getting the Animated assortments locally. Usually patience wins the day. It took about six months for Series 9 to hit here as I recall.

The Movie waves have been much better. It's almost as if someone understands there's a narrower window of opportunity to take advantage of the marketing generated by the studio between the film release and home video debut.

TRU was a similar nightmare in that the exclusives should have been offered online, maybe even available for preorder. Walgreens can at least offer them online and have them shipped to stores. Last I checked, Minimates weren't available at Walgreens.com.

On 2/25/2020 at 8:06 AM, MisterPL said:

TRU was a similar nightmare in that the exclusives should have been offered online, maybe even available for preorder. Walgreens can at least offer them online and have them shipped to stores. Last I checked, Minimates weren't available at Walgreens.com.

TRU exclusives weren't offered online? I think that's wrong. And I don't know that they did any pre-orders for ANYTHING, especially not a $8 mini-figure pack.

But no, Minimates are not on Walgreens.com. I don;t know what percentage of their toys are, besides Legends. 

There was what seemed a tiny amount offered on TRU.com and when they went up, they went quickly, despite the fact that not all sets were exclusives, just less expensive. I imagine the quantities for Walgreens might be higher since they have so many more stores. However, the final TRU set sold through Walgreens lingered online unexpectedly long despite having fewer quantities. That might have had an impact on Walgreens' decision to keep Minimates in stores. 

I'm just glad Walgreens isn't stepping on the toes of specialty the way TRU did.