PrinceCuseCuse

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I image offering a stylized Mustang could present challenges but it’d be great to try. 

Aim high. 

Agreed. Or as often said  “don’t ask, don’t get.” I just mean I would actually believe them if they said they tried unlike their DC response or “anything is possible” when discussing other brands or stores.

On 1/25/2020 at 2:15 PM, thereasonsy said:

I’d be ok with that if they also gave us a female Red Guardian chest block too. Even if they made this four back though I’m sure it would release in August after the DVD on sale and then they would wonder why it didn’t sell well before saying no more MCU 4 packs. 

I couldn't see a female chest block for Red Guardian, because that's not how the character is represented in the movie. 

You're right about the release date thing. I was totally over the Ant-Man 2 set because it was released in what? October? When the movie came out in June or July.

8 hours ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

You're right about the release date thing. I was totally over the Ant-Man 2 set because it was released in what? October? When the movie came out in June or July.

Yet I'm watching Kick-Ass and thinking how quickly I'd lay down $25 for a 4-pack of Kick-Ass, Red Mist, Big Daddy, and Hit-Girl. The same with plenty of other films and TV series that have long passed their shelf dates. Weird, huh?

Also depends on the quality of the media. Ant-Man 2 was very, VERY meh in my opinion. So I didn't care as much. Had the movie absolutely slapped, which Kick-Ass definitely does, it'd be a different story. 

On 1/27/2020 at 5:12 AM, MisterPL said:

Yet I'm watching Kick-Ass and thinking how quickly I'd lay down $25 for a 4-pack of Kick-Ass, Red Mist, Big Daddy, and Hit-Girl. The same with plenty of other films and TV series that have long passed their shelf dates. Weird, huh?

Sorry, we can't make them now we are busy making statues but you never know! Write in to AskDST.

A few notes: 

There will be Black Widow Minimates . Not comic, movie. 

We have not had the Buffy license for years. We just got it back after at least a decade of not having it.

We blacked out Taskmaster because the final paint was not approved, and we needed to solicit orders to get him out in the summer, not because he was secret. 

I suppose it's good news for the brand that Black Widow minimates are going to be made but after DST botched the selection of Endgame minimates so badly the prospect of further MCU minimates isn't as exciting as it used to be, the way they handled that movie (and Infinity War) has made me go from practically an MCU completist to a disinterested cherry picker. DST often does some of their best work on smaller movies though so maybe there's a chance for a few interesting figures.

We made practically everyone in both movies, not sure how character selection was a factor. If you mean costumes, we work with the reference we're given prior to movie release. It isn't always reflective of the final film.

Edited by DSTZach

It's the fact that new Endgame merch is still coming out from many different manufacturers almost 8 months out from the movie, including from DST.

The Endgame Minimates boxset sold well enough (despite repetition and screen innacuracy) to necessitate a second run, give us another wave of Endgame mates now that the dust has settled.  How could THIS wave not be a top seller with the character selection?

BD Iron Man (nanogauntlet) / BD Thanos

Armored Cap (broken/normal shields/ Armored Thor (Mjolnir/Stormbreaker)

Rescue / Rocket (blue suit)

Captain Marvel / Iron Patriot

For what it's worth, I rarely see the Walgreens wave around at all, and when I do it is the Hulk/War Machine pack.  I haven't seen the Iron Man/Thanos pack in stores since summer.  There is consumer demand for this product.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Rescue and fat Thor seem like the only really big holes for Endgame, although I'm hoping the DnAish costume for Rocket sticks around for Guardians 3.

Well if an accessory can be a hole in a line we really should get that gauntlet somewhere. 

I think Zach said something along the lines of the validity license to make end game minimates are over, so they do not have the rights to make end game minimates anymore even if they wanted to :(