UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Black Widow Movie

PrinceCuseCuse

On 8/26/2019 at 7:23 PM, thereasonsy said:

Look, if I don’t get a Red Star with a male and a female chest block I’m sending a strongly worded email with swears to everyone at marvel and dst about how they made me cry. 

1- who is red star?

2- why do you need a need a male and female chest? 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think he's getting Red Guardian and Darkstar muddled together but maybe not.

There has been both male and female heroes wear a version of the Red Guardian costume.

Going by Wiki the female one was actually called Starlight which I remember the character from the Defenders comics but would have swore blind that she was called Red Guardian as well.

Darkstar another Russian Super Hero has only been female as far as I know

who-is-red-guardian-black-widow-soviet-s

hqdefault.jpg

Starlight1.jpg

19 hours ago, MiniFiend UK said:

I think he's getting Red Guardian and Darkstar muddled together but maybe not.

There has been both male and female heroes wear a version of the Red Guardian costume.

Going by Wiki the female one was actually called Starlight which I remember the character from the Defenders comics but would have swore blind that she was called Red Guardian as well.

Darkstar another Russian Super Hero has only been female as far as I know

who-is-red-guardian-black-widow-soviet-s

hqdefault.jpg

Starlight1.jpg

Correct on all accounts.

• 3 months later...

Red Star was the name of the Russian superhero who occasionally appears in the Teen Titans comics (or used to, I haven't read any Teen Titans comics not by Baltazar and Franco in decades). The female Red Guardian was indeed called the Red Guardian in the Defenders, before she hooked up with the Presence and became all cosmic, changing her name to Starlight (but not her costume, weirdly).

I wouldn't be surprised if we're offered a comic-styled series inspired by the movie. Saves DST the cost of another license and all the headaches associated with meeting launch dates. And at this point, I'm all in favor of more characters and obscure costume variants.

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we're offered a comic-styled series inspired by the movie. Saves DST the cost of another license and all the headaches associated with meeting launch dates. And at this point, I'm all in favor of more characters and obscure costume variants.

I would prefer this too, but I remember a lot of kvetching when DST did that this summer for the Spider-Man movie. And I can't imagine that a wave or box set with the two Black Widows, Red Guardian, and Taskmaster would do all that well. You'd have to throw in Captain America and Daredevil to make it work, I think.

It's just weird that the president of DST – a self-described Spider-Man fan – passes on Into the Spider-Verse and Far From Home in favor of a comic-based series (featuring characters that had already been offered) but is going to jump at an MCU wave of Black Widow 'mates.

Not that there's been much logic to DST's Magic 8-ball.

The last comic Taskmaster was almost eight years ago and I'm sure there's a current comic variant that's more interesting and relevant to the film. If someone feels compelled to add a new, improved yellow Daredevil, so be it.

Maybe I'm missing something here but I have 3 Taskmasters ...one that was released nearly 12 years ago with the solitary US Agent (comic?).......one that was released 7+ years ago, possibly described as the video version .....& one that was released 3+ years ago that is an animated version .  I am fairly happy with one of them or all of them .

I  was also quite happy with the first Black Widow * that was released (10+years ago) & whilst I accept that her status ,as a character, has bigged up in the years since I still don't understand why we have had so many versions from the MCU that IMHO were completely unwarranted & shamefully indifferent.

She's....er.. like a.... Black-suited ...er Widow ? *She wears a black suit.   

Don't get me wrong however because everything that we see today in the MCU was almost defined by one comic run....Brubaker's Winter Soldier .......remembered for many great things not least for Natasha's character finally blossoming . She's a great character ,woefully underused in the movies ....but I have enough plain black Minimates to last me a lifetime & then some.

Watch the 'Red Sparrow' movie & you'll see a pretty convincing pre-Avengers  Black Widow prequel.

Edited by buttheadsmate